anyone play cs source or halo 2?

Div5

hello everyone! i am kind of new to these forums and i noticed they have a game section.

i was wondering if anyone plays cs source or halo 2? maybe share some tips and experiences?

also, if anyone is interested, my friend and i have our own clan at http://raven.2hell.com if anyone is interested in joining or challenging us.

o yeah - deagle owns all :)

Yes, it does! :)

I've been playing just with dealge + granades for last month (or more), but almost every time somebody calls me a cheater, because i get a lot of headshots...

I tink there is something seriously f*cked up with hitboxes, because sometimes a player is targeting at legs and he gets a headshot...

Ofcourse hitboxes in cs 1.x weren't perfect either, but there were not as much headshots as in css...

Edited by mf_y2k

Yes, it does! :)

I've been playing just with dealge + granades for last month (or more), but almost every time somebody calls me a cheater, because i get a lot of headshots...

I tink there is something seriously f*cked up with hitboxes, because sometimes a player is targeting at legs and he gets a headshot...

Ofcourse hotboxes in cs 1.x weren't perfect either, but there were not as much headshots as in css...

the first time ive played the game, everyone kept calling me a noob and no wonder i couldn't kill! those hitboxes are way off!

well Here is a Video that reveals where the hitboxes are placed in CSS. =), that should increase you ration by alot =)

Edited by BombaTwist

well deagle's a rockin pistol.well if u r a noobie i advice u stick with USP(a bit larger magazine)well u can try this command in ur console cl_dynamiccrosshair 0(doesn't move crosshair at all)in rifles i really love magnum sniper and Bullpup

well zxian the hitboxes r a hack i know many hacks for dust2,dust1,untitled1,etc...well i don't know but the person who creates the server on lan can type in a command from where he can c person's name who's hiding behind sumthin

the hitboxes in HL and HL2 (and all mods) have been a joke since day 1. to my knowledge this is due to the way that VALVE decided to implement them; rather than a pixel perfect hitbox based on the player model, as in the Unreal engine, the HL boxes are more like a totally separate model that, as you can see, doesn't always jive with the player model. there has been endless complaining, statistics, papers, surveys, etc., on the hitbox subject and it really disappointed me when VALVE chose to use the same dumb-@$$ method of employing the hitboxes in HL2. the HL2 MP game is, IMO, is a really poor concept of what everything a MP game should be (lacks speed, too many weapons, poor choice of weapons, missing TAU, etc., etc.), therefore i can't imagine it ever being suited to any serious competitions. CS however is a different animal that *requires* very accurate aiming and it is used heavily in professional competitions. it seems rather strange that gaming organizations would even consider CS for a competitive game when the hitboxes are as screwed up as they are.

then there's STEAM -- VALVE's wonderful idea of bypassing the middleman to deliver content directly to you, the end user. in practice, STEAM is a great idea. in reality, STEAM is a *STEAMing* pile of manure and is the biggest reason i dumped HL. when i shell out big bucks for a top-rated game, the last thing i want to see is 3rd party advertising! much less not being able to play off-line when the STEAM servers are down... which is too often.

still, i will say this; if you haven't played CS or HL2 SP (single player), you may want to check it out. the HL2 SP episode with its fantastic graphics and physics far exceed the quality of any other game out there, including Unreal. that's a pretty big statement considering that VALVE had their source code ripped-off and delayed the release of HL2 for a LONG time. what is lacking is the "tweakability" of the Unreal engine which far surpasses that of any HL (Quake) or even the brand-spanking-new Source engine.

Edited by atomizer

personally next to hl2, i thought far cry was the second best shooter of last year. however in cs, it seems if i aim to the right of someone as they r strafing right, i kill them, but then ppl spectating in my first-person view say "OMG U H@X CUZ THERE WUZ NO PERSON WHERE U SHOT" and i get booted, lol. even though its a VAC server ppl still complain about hacks.

• 3 weeks later...

Some of those kills on the video are ridiculous! But I can see some of them being necessary as when someone is running you want to shot in front of them so bullet and body meets. However, at close range or other situations that's not true and you get it by the built-in h4x0r!

• 2 weeks later...
the hitboxes in HL and HL2 (and all mods) have been a joke since day 1. to my knowledge this is due to the way that VALVE decided to implement them; rather than a pixel perfect hitbox based on the player model, as in the Unreal engine, the HL boxes are more like a totally separate model that, as you can see, doesn't always jive with the player model. there has been endless complaining, statistics, papers, surveys, etc., on the hitbox subject and it really disappointed me when VALVE chose to use the same dumb-@$$ method of employing the hitboxes in HL2. the HL2 MP game is, IMO, is a really poor concept of what everything a MP game should be (lacks speed, too many weapons, poor choice of weapons, missing TAU, etc., etc.), therefore i can't imagine it ever being suited to any serious competitions. CS however is a different animal that *requires* very accurate aiming and it is used heavily in professional competitions. it seems rather strange that gaming organizations would even consider CS for a competitive game when the hitboxes are as screwed up as they are.

I fully agree. Another thing that has always plagued me since I started playing CSS is the second buy menu that pops up occasionally and cant be closed. Im suprised it hasnt been fixed after this length of time.

the second buy menu may be popping up due to some poorly written "anti-cheat" (not VAC i don't think) trying to query your installation and run commands/scripts. i could be wrong though, it's been a while since i left the HL scene. are you using a custom buy script?

Edited by atomizer