Geforce4 4200ti 128mb Prob

Doggie

hey ya'all , long time no see :rolleyes:

i just got a brand-spankin' new GeForce4 4200TI 128mb and it locks up on 3d games/applications.. its not the card because i tried it on a other pc.. and it works :) .. so any suggestions on whats wrong?

Doggie now im almost 100% its your power supply.

whats your CPU speed dude?

is your power supply a cheap or OEM model?

my own PSU is 300W but its a decent one, its STILL underpowered, my drive gets more fragged than it should and my secondary HDD sometimes loses data stream if moving large files to it. its the PSU ive tried a mates beter one in it, i just never get round to putting a new one in.

a buddy of mine had same problem as you, his PSU was 300W and his pc would shut down or lock up in games, even when he had a Duron in it! hes since upgraded and it got worse, so he got a new PSU and ta da.. problem went away imediately.

I agree with FthrJACK about looking into your PSU. Here is some good reading on what one should look at for the best PSU for your system.

Remember that as you add new goodies you are going to need MORE POWER! :rolleyes::)

I have 550W PSUs on 2 of my 4 systems. They are not near as costly as they use to be. I use Antec and you can get them for around 100 USD....

depends tho zivian. i have a radeon 8500 and i cant run it as it gives the same results as crispy is suffering, ive lent it to a mate and hes real impressed with it... jammy sod has a good enough supply to run it