Auto burn ISO with nero

LispWarez

i use a re-writable DVD and Nero to burn it. I also have a cmd script that copies files etc to my DVD root (virus updates etc) and at the end of the script i call cdimage.exe. now what i want to know is if there is a way of getting nero to burn the ISO when it has finished being created and if the DVD is not empty to erase it 1st? or if there is another ISO burning prog i can use that supports command lines

I don't know if it's 100% legit, but MagicISO has a command-line version that they offer with the program that might do what you want it to. They even have a link to an updated version on their website that doesn't require registration or anything...I guess they just don't care or haven't noticed. The link is all the way at the bottom of this page:

http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-iso-image-burner.htm

Even if you have to buy it though, MagicISO is a nice program.

Nero comes with a program I never knew about until recently called nerocmd. Attached below is the command-line parameters copied from (what else) the command-line help list.

*EDIT*

Just did a test and it worked great. Here's the command I used:

<full path to nero>\nerocmd.exe --write --drivename <drive letter> --real --image <path to image> --underrun_prot

You could also use this for command-line burning from the context menu (right-click, Burn with Nero). Just replace the --image <path to image> with:

--image "%1"

Ok, removed all the other edits. Here's the real deal. After putting the "full" path to nerocmd (in my case, D:\Program Files (x86)\Ahead\Nero\NeroCmd.exe) I got rid of the "Access Denied" message. Used the --image "%1" command and it burned perfectly. The disc is accessible and it closed itself out afterwards. It's good. :)

The best part is, it seems to be self-contained. Meaning, I moved just NeroCmd.exe by itself to another drive and ran the same command-line using the single executable. It burned perfectly. I can think of a lot of uses for this. cdimage followed by nerocmd to burn an image after it's done. And that's just for starters.

nerocmd.txt

Edited by Jito463

The best part is, it seems to be self-contained.  Meaning, I moved just NeroCmd.exe by itself to another drive and ran the same command-line using the single executable.  It burned perfectly.  I can think of a lot of uses for this.  cdimage followed by nerocmd to burn an image after it's done.  And that's just for starters.

I doubt that.

Maybe it just looks in registry for installion-path to its DLLs ?

Because UltraISO also has something just like this, and it looks in registry for Nero DLLs to use while burning. And can you specify speed of burn?

If u want a single-file solution to write CD/DVDs, then just like CDimage.exe, there is a cdburn.exe (by MS) as well.

The best part is, it seems to be self-contained.  Meaning, I moved just NeroCmd.exe by itself to another drive and ran the same command-line using the single executable.  It burned perfectly.  I can think of a lot of uses for this.  cdimage followed by nerocmd to burn an image after it's done.  And that's just for starters.

I doubt that.

Maybe it just looks in registry for installion-path to its DLLs ?

Because UltraISO also has something just like this, and it looks in registry for Nero DLLs to use while burning. And can you specify speed of burn?

If u want a single-file solution to write CD/DVDs, then just like CDimage.exe, there is a cdburn.exe (by MS) as well.

That's possible. I'll check on a machine without Nero installed to verify. As for speed, it burned at full speed (48x in this case), but with the --speed command you can control how fast or slow it burns. You can also use it to burn DVD's using the --dvd command.

i also figured out nerocmd.exe this weekend. it DOES need nero installed on the PC because it uses the NeroAPI that gets installed with nero. im currently lookin @ magicISO cos nerocmd didnt erase the RW b4 wanting to burn (it prompts u to erase if the disc is full)