Make An XPized Bootscreen

HybridShadow

Cool Idea with the background etc. BUT: You only have to make a Bitmap and change the boot.ini. U dont Have a progress-bar then but u dont change the kernel itselt. So when a Hotfix from MS changes it, u still have your bootscreen but the newest kernel.

PS: Don't remember the switch for the boot.ini to use the bitmap but i think it was /BOOTLOGO or something and the bitmap has to be in %WINDIR%. Try it out...

Cool Idea with the background etc. BUT: You only have to make a Bitmap and change the boot.ini. U dont Have a progress-bar then but u dont change the kernel itselt. So when a Hotfix from MS changes it, u still have your bootscreen but the newest kernel.

PS: Don't remember the switch for the boot.ini to use the bitmap but i think it was /BOOTLOGO or something and the bitmap has to be in %WINDIR%. Try it out...

yep, thats it. Gonna check it though. Thanks Injecter.

NP! And BTW: If you do the /BOOTLOGO option, then there is no progress bar. And you can't make it visible.

PS: I think the switch then would be: /BOOTLOGO XPIZED.BMP

PPS: I would make 8.3-Filenames... who knows if Win (in this stage) can use longer filenames.

PPPS: And i would use BIG LETTERS because i don't know, the switches are big too :P

Edited by Injecter

Hi SiMoNsAyS, I really like your job. (your logon especially) :hello:

Well, I can propose some colors:

Left blue RGB -> (60,115,198)

Right blue RGB -> (7,62,145)

I prefer the clear one :P

Hope you like them.

Whatever you need, just let me know. ;)

for the boot logo you are right about the /bootlogo switch but you have to have a 16bit image using the same palette as the ntkrnl*.exe and I believe it has to be 640x480 also

Wayne

here is an example of my boot.ini

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\OS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\OS="Nlite OS" /noexecute=alwaysoff /fastdetect /bootlogo /noguiboot

EDIT: The filename has to be boot.bmp and it is put in %windir%

Edited by bigman1