XPize 4 MCE BETA 1

XPero

hallo xpero

i just forgot somethin

i told you about the "corporate identiry integration" i tried out some weeks ago

so while i worked on this project i tried something out with my msgina.dll on my home machine - and it worked

so i thought about using bigger images in msgina.dll - and i tried out to use a "double hight" image

an the result --> yes it worked - so at the moment my msgina has a double hight logon and logoff picture

you must keep the 423 pixels in width but the hight is variable - msgina will fit the logon and logoff

so if you like to create a "logon to this xpize powered windows xp" lgon in msgina or something like that, just do it *gg* - i know you are great at photoshop, so something like that should not be a problem

this msgina is experimental, i just tried a little bit out

be careful: if you use a tripple hight picture, the logon and logoff is not correctly displayed in safe mode, because of 640x480 limitation (i know, there is a registry fix, but i do not use this)

just look forward

yergling

post-37826-1121502895_thumb.jpg

@smartie91:

I've fixed it but will be available for beta 2 (or final) I cannot release a new version everytime a single bug is fixed right?

@yergling:

Good find man, but not sure to apply it to XPize. Anyway many users will see your find as interesting. Thanks.

@Romey:

I'm going to talk with the creator of the logon about your request.

flupke: nice, but how can this be implemented in XPize. I dont really want many 3rd party apps running in the background just to make some icons look nicer. Thanks anyway.

Edited by XPero

3 things....

These may have been mentioned before, either way here they may be again:

The Icons in Computer Management....can sommit be done with these?

Also, I know the .NET framework is a bit iffy with some users...the icons in admin tools?

Also, The Bluetooth icon is as flat as anything in Devic manager....any ideas?

Edited by Maleko

@ Maleko:

I've tried to completelly XPized admin tools, but 16 colors and fake purple backgrounds were killing me. No worth doing, believe me.

I will try to XPize NET Framework wizard. Tried before, but something was going wrong, dont remember exactly what right now.

Have you installed 3rd party bluetooth software? files? location? It would be great if you can find all info needed for me to XPize it.

Edited by XPero

@yergling:

Good find man, but not sure to apply it to XPize. Anyway many users will see your find as interesting. Thanks.

no problem

i just played a little bit around to get our "fahrradstation" logo with a biker in it in my corporate identity modding - and i just get a bit messed up and forgot the resizing - so at the next restart i wonder about the result

i also found out, that the same did not work in shell32. so the property window will cut everything over the normal hight if you try the same for shell32 logos

yergling

Edited by yergling

I hope i'm not being redundant, but i don't like the fact xpize changes the boot screen back to the default screen that came sp2. it'sjust so plain, however i read in a forum where there might be a "windowsXPize" boot screen in development, so if there is whats the E.T.A. & if theres not then why isn't ? :D LOL

@dwit:

XPize does not change boot screen in any way.

@matt5108:

But fisrt, what dont you like in the current one? Maybe SyMoNsAyS, the author of the logon, wants to know in order to fix his logon, instead of switching to another one.

Edited by XPero