Windows screwing my connection...

Sygate Personal Firewall is giving me a headache becuase it won't allow me to upload more than a megabyte before it disconnects itself from the internet. I was uploading a Flash movie I made onto my FTP, its about 2 MB, but at 50-65% it froze. I tried uploading smaller files from 500Kb-1MB and once I got up to a MB it continually disconnected me from the internet and then reconnected in a minute or 2. I've never had this problem before, and I thought it might've been my comp since I had just reinstalled Windows. So I check on my laptop and its the same freaking deal. Then I go onto my Linux machine, upload and it works fine. So what the heck? Today I'm trying to download Mandriva from a torrent and I obviously can't because after every couple of minutes my connection drops. WHY!?! :realmad:

Edited by Stealth870

Are you using Azureus? I've had problems with that program since it "overworks" the network card, causing network disconnects. If you are using Azureus, try using another client, such as BitComet or Arctic Torrent and see if the problem persists.

• 1 month later...

Ahhh...I hope this isn't too much of a rez (though it was my thread) BUT...

following up I figured out it was Sygate. And disabling stopped the problem. So I installed Kerio, and I don't know if its just now that I upload a large file again or what, but it's started doing it again. And disabling Kerio doesn't help. Yea I use Azureus and thats the wierd thing. Why do all my P2p apps work fine, Teamspeak too, when they use a lot of upload also, but when I try uploading any file over 2MB continually to anything it disconnects me. Has anyone had this problem? I had a custom nLite Windows...:(