WPI 3.6.1

Your not being a pain in the bum.

However I have no experince with networks at all so there is no way I can do this for you. There are some people who use WPI that do use networks so maybe you can talk one of them into helping me add this into WPI.

It is not that I don't want to help you it is just that I can't help you.

So post a new thread and ask I will keep my eye out and see if a solution opens up. If one does than I will gladly integrate it into WPI.

kel any chance on you redoing the optionswizardtemplate.htm so it fits standard with out any scroll bars going from left to right on a 1024 x 768 ?

LOL I got it optimized for 1200x1024 hmmm maybe I can do one especially for you give me some time.

Edited by kelsenellenelvian

Hi Kel

Can it be that clicking on your sigs DL-Link redirects to some other Web page ? It brings up google.at's search page on my win box AND on my lin box.

Even if I browse to http://www.arkanasoft.com/WPI/ I see the index, but clicking on a file to download redirects me to google.at. WGET on linux doesn't work, too.

And I so much like to see, what WPI got up to .... :-(

Does that happen to anyone else ?

Is there any other download-location ?

Your not being a pain in the bum.

However I have no experince with networks at all so there is no way I can do this for you. There are some people who use WPI that do use networks so maybe you can talk one of them into helping me add this into WPI.

It is not that I don't want to help you it is just that I can't help you.

So post a new thread and ask I will keep my eye out and see if a solution opens up. If one does than I will gladly integrate it into WPI.

Thank you very much Kelsenellenelvian. I'm rather busy right now, but once I have more time, I'll start up a new thread regarding my problem. I haven't gotten down to trying the work around suggested by Mango earlier in this thread:

Posted by Mango:

Hmm, maybe it's possible to use a temporary environment variabele?

For example:

Set SERVERPATH=<UNC path>

and then use %SERVERPATH% in your wpi ?

I'll give this a try first, as it looks promising!

Thanks for all your hard work Kel!!!

Kind regards,

eNuffSaid

q quick question.

i'm running programs from my CD (wpi is running from C:\) but after upgrading to wpi3.6.1 .. wpi looks for program .exe in C:\wpi\winapp folder.

here's my wpi.cmd

@ECHO OFF

REM Example, how to look for CDROM-drive. Must have a file called WIN51 in its root.
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\WIN51 set CDROM=%%i:
echo Found CD-Rom as drive %CDROM%

REM Determine the WPI startup path.
REM if wpi should run off the cd the replace %~dp0 with %cdrom%.
set wpipath=%~dp0

REM Hide this command window.
%wpipath%\Tools\cmdow.exe @ /hid

REM Force resolution to needed size for wpi interface.
--start %wpipath%\Tools\VideoChanger.exe 1280x1024x32@85 -q

REM Font installation - the smooth and customizable way.
--start /wait %wpipath%\Tools\fonts\fontinstaller.exe

REM Calling the Unnatended Audio Player
rem --Start %wpipath%\Tools\Music\uap2.exe

REM Special registry tweak needed.
regedit /s "%wpipath%\common\wpi.reg

REM Make WPI directory the current directory.
for /f "delims=: tokens=1" %%i in ("%wpipath%") do %%i:
cd "%wpipath%"

REM Start WPI and wait for its end
start /wait %windir%\system32\mshta.exe "%CD%\wpi.hta"

REM Cleaning up the desktop.
del /s/q "%userprofile%\desktop\*.lnk"
IF EXIST %SystemDrive%\backup RD /S /Q %SystemDrive%\backup
IF EXIST %SystemDrive%\wpi RD /S /Q %SystemDrive%\wpi
IF EXIST %SystemDrive%\temp RD /S /Q %SystemDrive%\temp

REM Rebooting the sytem to finalize the installation process.
rem --shutdown.exe -r -f -t 10 -c "WPI will now reboot in 10 sec..."

exit

:end

The problem is not the WPI.cmd file.

I think, in your config.js for each prog you got something like

cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\winapp\\blalba\\programmname.exe']

Am I right?

So you think, that %cdrom% is the root of your CD. But with the new WPI releases this has changed. Now, WPI looks for the file WPI.ico on the CD. This file is located in %cdroot%\WPI\. So if you use the variable %cdrom% it is %cdrom%\WPI. Do you understand me? I did the following to solve that problem:

Browse to your WpiScripts folder. Open the file generate.js with an editor. Now search for the entry "function FindCDRom" In the next lines there should be the filename "WPI.ico" two times. Change the filename to "WIN51", because the file WIN51 is part of the Win XP CD and is located in the root of the CD (Make sure that it is in the root of your CD). Now WPI should look for %cdrom% in the root again.

And one wish to kelsenellenelvian:

Could you integrate an option for selecting where WPI locates %cdrom%? So that one can select "Root" or "WPI-Folder", because I have my programs in the root, too. Not in the WPI Install folder. This would be very nice. The other possibility is that I change the generate.js of every release. :(