Symantec AntiVirus Corporate 10.0.1.1000

Shark007

I'm sorry i've never once looked in the other thread.

This is so simple to install with updated virus definitions i just had to post.

Take three files from the installation distribution.

Data1.cab

Symantec AntiVirus.msi

VDefHub.zip

go to symantec, get the latest definitions

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/antivirus_definitions/norton_antivirus/

filename is: [date-IS-here]-017-i32.exe

remove VIRSCAN.ZIP from the downloaded update file and rename it to VDefHub.zip

replace the file in your installation folder.

Ok, you're all set. use this command, it installs silent, no reboot

"Symantec AntiVirus.msi /passive RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS

NOTE- the space in the filename may be a problem for you.

I rename mine to sav.msi so i dont have that issue.

Shark

Edited by Shark007

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a faster way if you have it installed currently + updated and want to add current virus definitions.

Browse to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VirusDefs\

You will see folders named as dates like: 20050720.017

That breaks down to 7-20-2005 definitions update.

Do and update to make sure its current and then open the latest dated folder, highlight all files inside that folder and compress them as a zip file. Rename the zip file to VDefHub.zip and replace the old one in your source folder with the new zip.

Here is a faster way if you have it installed currently + updated and want to add current virus definitions.

Browse to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VirusDefs\

You will see folders named as dates like: 20050720.017

That breaks down to 7-20-2005 definitions update.

Do and update to make sure its current and then open the latest dated folder, highlight all files inside that folder and compress them as a zip file. Rename the zip file to VDefHub.zip and replace the old one in your source folder with the new zip.

I did this and all of the above but when I install the prg it tell's me that it did not find any

dev files.

And that the system is unprotected till it does, after updating the dev files (with live update) it works fine.

what am I doing wring?

You should archive this folder into VDefHub.zip.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VirusDefs\BinHub

If you use the latest VirusDef, then use LiveUpdate later may need to re-download full VirusDef.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The correct way to actually update it without having LiveUpdate issues is to grab the lastest .XDB file from:

ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/antivirus_definitions/norton_antivirus/xdb/

Place this file in the same folder as your install then add the following commands to your CMD file:

START "" /WAIT "Symantec AntiVirus.msi" /passive RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS
COPY *.xdb "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\"
net stop "Symantec AntiVirus"
net start "Symantec AntiVirus"

The net stop/start will restart the SAV service, which forces it to read the .XDB file right away. If you're doing this during an unattended install just leave out the net stop/start because it'll happen automatically when the system is restarted.

This works for all versions from 8.x up.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of newbie... I just got my hand on SAV10 and realised I have v10.0.0.359, and I got lost in the other thread

Is there a way to slipstream an update to 10.0.1.1000 like I used to do on a clean SAV9 installs? And where could that update be cause I looked on symantec's ftp and did not find it in english international nor in english us_canada.

Also, I was wondering if it was the same registry strings we had to use to easily configure an autoliveupdate day and time.

Thank you so much

I looked around searching for a MSP file and found nothing. There is only a Manual folder but no Updates folder :(

And in your instructions you don't mention adding lusetup to the folder is it not necessary until they upgrade it? I'm asking this cause I already setup SAV9 on my ua cd, but i'm trying to switch this for SAV10 the more easily possible.

Can anyone who has done it post a real guide please? With all the files required to install and especially where to get that MSP to upgrade 10.0.0.359 to 10.0.1.1000. For the rest, I presume the lusetup from the cd is what I need.

Moreover are those reg keys still working with SAV 10?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Reglage des options de LiveUpdate
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\INTEL\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\PatternManager\Schedule]
"SkipEvent"=dword:00000000
"RandomizeDayOfWeek"=dword:00000006
"MinOfDay"=dword:000000b4
"MissedEventEnabled"=dword:00000001
"LastStart"=dword:00000000
"TimeWindowMonthly"=dword:00000002
"Type"=dword:00000002
"DayOfWeek"=dword:00000004
"TimeWindowWeekly"=dword:00000003
"TimeWindowDaily"=dword:00000004
"RandomizeDayRange"=dword:00000064
"RandomizeWeekStart"=dword:00000004
"RandomizeWeekEnd"=dword:00000006
"RandomizeMinOfDay"=dword:00000031
"Enabled"=dword:00000001
"RandomizeMonthEnabled"=dword:00000000
"RandomizeWeekEnabled"=dword:00000000
"RandomizeDayEnabled"=dword:00000001
"RandomizationGenerate"=dword:00000000
"Created"=dword:41652b11
"RandomizedMinOfDay"=dword:00000067
"RandomizedDayOfWeek"=dword:00000004
"RandomizedDayOfMonth"=dword:00000000

if youre into using the latest virus definitions that symantec puts out, you will want to use this path:

ftp.symantec.com/AVDEFS/symantec_antivirus_corp/rapidrelease/

the rapid release updates are not very well tested (false positives could happen more often) but they are released every hour, and provide the most current protection against viruses.

Edited by what3v3r