Integration of nvRaid drivers into XPx64 and W2k3x64

Fernando 1

UPDATE:

I've tried this a bunch more times... using a variety of different drivers, and still nothing.

I do have a new incompatibility, though... My Logitech Harmony remote isn't recognized, either...

Can somebody tell me what NOT to do that makes my modified windows install incompatible with my flash drive, external USB hard drive, and my harmony remote? Am I removing part of windows that I shouldn't? I'll leave everything the way it's supposed to be if it'll help; I just remove stuff to make the installs faster.

Can somebody tell me what NOT to do that makes my modified windows install incompatible with my flash drive, external USB hard drive, and my harmony remote? Am I removing part of windows that I shouldn't? I'll leave everything the way it's supposed to be if it'll help; I just remove stuff to make the installs faster.
For testing purposes you should not remove anything from your original OS CD.

I've just tried this with the nVidea chipset drivers on an ACER ASPIRE 5050 notebook after experiencing the same problems. Because there were ‘warranty is void' stickers stopping me from cracking open the notebook I had to make a guess at the chipset manufacturer and which drivers I required - and chose nVidea's 64Bit

MY BIOS IS NOW CORRUPT

During the install windows informed me 'these driver are wrong for your hardware' or something to that effect and the installation was halted. OK, fair enough windows, the drivers are wrong, thanks for telling me, I'll try something else, ATI is the next best bet. After a reboot though, nothing zilch. I can't even flash the BIOS because

1) blank screen (also tested with another monitor off aux VGA port)

2) wont boot off CD / DVD / USB Floppy

I've built a legacy DOS boot disk with the Acer flash bios program (phlash16) also on the disk. Inside the autoexec.bat it says something to the effect of

beep (I have no visual confirmation so i.e. echo ^G is the only way I know if the disk has booted)

run phlash16.exe with the correct parameters pointing to the file supplied by ACER for this BIOS

beep again to let me know the bios phlashing program returned

but theres not a lot of beeping going on sadly, so I assume theres not a lot of booting going on either...

I've also tried the 'emergency BIOS restore' method with a USB floppy as detailed in this article - no luck.

Wim's BIOS Page

n.b. I've since cracked the machine open, removed the watch battery and let it sit there for 10 hours hoping that by some miracle the BIOS configuration was kept alive by the watch battery.

I didnt realize it was possible to do so much damage with an installation of an OS. The machine has been sent back to Acer dealer - no doubt they'll want to charge me for a new motherboard.

Nightmare... !!!

Edited by mswaine

I can't afford to do a full rebuild at this point in time, is it possible to integrate the drivers without reinstalling windows xp x64?
Why else would you integrate the drivers into a bootable Windows XP x64 CD if not for reinstalling the OS?

If you have a running XP x64, there is not need for any reinstallation.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, i have tried like 1000000000000000...0000...000000 times to install windows x64, i did once but then the trial period expired, so i tried to reinstall but this time it doesnt recognize my RAID 0 array (2x Raptors 74GB) i have a nForce 4 chipset, x2 4400+ and DFI sli-dr eXpert board, dunno what is happening, it gives me 7F, 08 error and well im integrating all kinds of drivers (official, custom builds, etc..)

Any help?

Hi guys, i have tried like 1000000000000000...0000...000000 times to install windows x64, i did once but then the trial period expired, so i tried to reinstall but this time it doesnt recognize my RAID 0 array (2x Raptors 74GB) i have a nForce 4 chipset, x2 4400+ and DFI sli-dr eXpert board, dunno what is happening, it gives me 7F, 08 error and well im integrating all kinds of drivers (official, custom builds, etc..)
Why don't you just follow my guide?

Nearly 100.00 users cannot be wrong!

I always based all the installations with your guide, i also tried others, the installation goes fine, but then when im loading windows for the first time :S

I tried without integrating drivers and loading the files from a floppy, but then gives me Error 1024 with a file oemsumthing

I always based all the installations with your guide, i also tried others, the installation goes fine, but then when im loading windows for the first time :S

I tried without integrating drivers and loading the files from a floppy, but then gives me Error 1024 with a file oemsumthing

Did you get the message "File txtsetup.oem caused an unexpected error (1024)..."?

If yes and provided, that you booted off the clean (not modified or nLited) XPx64 CD, you probably took a wrong or corrupt driver combination.

You either have done something wrong or you really have a hardware/configuration problem.

There is a way to exclude the latter:

1. Download the old and not really native 64-bit nForce chipset driver package v. 6.56 (you get it here), unzip it and copy the content of the IDE\WinXP folder onto an empty floppy.

2. Try to install XPx64 by booting off the original XPx64 CD and loading the just prepared floppy drivers by hitting F6 at the begin of the OS installation.

If even this standard and safe XPx64 installation fails, you probably have a hardware problem.

First option: Check your RAM sticks!

Edited by Fernando 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been through 4 different boot cds and am getting the same error. I am not sure why now and it's about time to throw the computer through the window :rolleyes: hehe. The computer has had windows running on it with RAID before but is now giving a NTLDR error so I need to make a bootable copy of windows that will let me use the array. We don't have the CD that was made before. Anyways I am working with an nForce4 with 2 drives in a RAID array. The array is healthy. The version of the RAID bios is 4.84. My nLite version is 1.3.5. The error I have been getting is:

The device associated with the following device driver will not work correctly on this computer: nvraid.sys. The device driver is not compatible with the x64-based version of Windows your computer is running. This device driver may be required to complete Windows setup. Please contact the device manufacturer to obtain drivers compatible with the x64-based version of Windows.

I'm gonna start right off by saying that I do have x64 based drivers. Here are the 4 cds I made, they all had this error:

1. Driver Files : 93.71_forceware_winxp64_english_whql.exe (64bit drivers for WinXP 64)

nForce4_amd_6.69_winserver200364_english_whql.exe (64bit drivers for Win2k3 64)

I added all the drivers in both packages. No other options other than the bootable option.

2. Driver File: 93.71_forceware_winxp64_english_whql.exe (same as the one above)

I added all the drivers in the package and chose the bootable option also.

3. Driver File: 6.86_nforce_winxp64_international_whql.exe (64bit drivers for WinXP 64 downloaded from nVidia yesterday - may have been two days ago, I don't really remember).

Only added the drivers to use RAID(sataraid and sata_ide)

sataraid was chosen as Textmode - NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER

sata_ide was automatically entered in by nLite as PnP

No other drivers were added but I clicked the bootable option.

4. Driver File: NV_656_WINXP64-[Guru3D.com].exe (the old WinXP 64 drivers linked from this thread)

Only added nvatax64.inf driver (said I didn't need to add the other - nvrdx64.inf)

It was added as Textmode - NVIDIA nForce Storage Controller

I also chose the remove components option and removed the SCSI/RAID drivers from the CD

Once again I also chose the bootable option.

I think that covers it all. Does anyone know:

-What the heck is going on here, why is it saying it's not compatible?

-Do I even need to choose the bootable option(I will be booting from it)?

-Which Textmode(s) should I be choosing?

The error I have been getting is:

The device associated with the following device driver will not work correctly on this computer: nvraid.sys. The device driver is not compatible with the x64-based version of Windows your computer is running. This device driver may be required to complete Windows setup.

If you really tried to install Windows XP x64 with the nForce RAID driver named "NVRAID.SYS", the error message would be correct, because only the 32bit nForce RAID drivers have this name. The correct 64biit nForce RAID drivers are named "NVRDx64.SYS" or "NVRD64.SYS".

Check the driver package you have used during the textmode driver integration. If you really find a file named "NVRAID.SYS", you have taken the wrong 32bit chipset driver package.

NVIDIA itself has made the mistake, because the package named "nForce4_amd_6.69_winserver200364_english_whql.exe", which they offer on their FTP site and which you have downloaded, does not contain any 64bit driver.

The 64bit version of the nForce chipset driver package 6.86 you get here, should be ok. Maybe you downloaded the wrong 32bit version of the 6.86 package, which is presented on the same site.

The thing is nvraid.sys isn't in any of the driver folders that I downloaded. It was on the forth disk that I had figured maybe they were in the SCSI/RAID package already on the windows disk so I figured I would try removing them. The drivers in all the packages were named *64.sys. I haven't actually searched the disk for this file, but I haven't been adding in the nvraid.sys (unless it was being renamed). I haven't tried the driver package that you linked to above, but that's going to be my next disk. With any luck it'll work this time. Does it matter which option I choose for textmode intergration or should I be choosing them both? Ultimately I guess I gotta figure out why nvraid.sys is on the disk.

The thing is nvraid.sys isn't in any of the driver folders that I downloaded. It was on the forth disk that I had figured maybe they were in the SCSI/RAID package already on the windows disk so I figured I would try removing them. The drivers in all the packages were named *64.sys. I haven't actually searched the disk for this file, but I haven't been adding in the nvraid.sys (unless it was being renamed). I haven't tried the driver package that you linked to above, but that's going to be my next disk. With any luck it'll work this time.
1. Start a new nLite session by using the actual nLite version.

2. Don't use any nLited or otherwhise modified source. Take the original XP x64 CD as source for building your nLited CD.

3. Don't press F6 during Windows Setup.

Does it matter which option I choose for textmode intergration or should I be choosing them both?
I would take the 64bit chipset driver package 6.86 and integrate the SATARAID drivers as textmode and the SATA_IDE as PnP driver.

Good luck!