Integration of nvRaid drivers into XPx64 and W2k3x64

Fernando 1

Hello Fernando.....been trying to follow this thread and the advice from planet amd64...However, still having problems with the latest nlite rc3 and these 6.67 2k3 64-bit sataraid drivers.

When inserting the legacy drivers in nlite, it keeps asking me for the nvatabus.inf file....I cant find it in any of the driver folders! I really dont want to use an older one as the whole purpose of this mission is to get the latest Sata Raid drivers due to the error logs I am getting on this sytem...

I suppose, that you have taken a wrong driver package (a 32-Bit one), because the new 64-Bit SataRaid drivers don't have files named "NVATABUS.SYS" or "NVATABUS.INF". The names of the 64-Bit files are "NVATAX64.SYS" and "NVATAX64.INF".

If you want to install the SataRaid drivers from the W2k3x64 nForce driver package 6.67, you should download them here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1179#download

After having unzipped the package, you have all SataRaid drivers and files you need for the integration within the folder Setup\IDE\WinXP\legacy. Point nLite to that folder named"legacy" and integrate both proposed drivers as Textmode drivers.

Good luck!

Fernando

Hello Fernando.....been trying to follow this thread and the advice from planet amd64...However, still having problems with the latest nlite rc3 and these 6.67 2k3 64-bit sataraid drivers.

When inserting the legacy drivers in nlite, it keeps asking me for the nvatabus.inf file....I cant find it in any of the driver folders! I really dont want to use an older one as the whole purpose of this mission is to get the latest Sata Raid drivers due to the error logs I am getting on this sytem...

I suppose, that you have taken a wrong driver package (a 32-Bit one), because the new 64-Bit SataRaid drivers don't have files named "NVATABUS.SYS" or "NVATABUS.INF". The names of the 64-Bit files are "NVATAX64.SYS" and "NVATAX64.INF".

If you want to install the SataRaid drivers from the W2k3x64 nForce driver package 6.67, you should download them here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1179#download

After having unzipped the package, you have all SataRaid drivers and files you need for the integration within the folder Setup\IDE\WinXP\legacy. Point nLite to that folder named"legacy" and integrate both proposed drivers as Textmode drivers.

Good luck!

Fernando

Thats EXACTLY what I have been doing...I am only using the 6.67 64-bit drivers from the link you provided.....I am NOT "trying" to use the nvatabus.inf file. NLITE IS ASKING ME FOR THIS, SINCE IT MUST THINK ITS NEEDED FOR THE INSTALL...I did just what you suggested: pointed nlite to the legacy folder and it found the 2 suggested files fine...But then as soon as it does that, it wants to find this other nvatabus file???Also now see this post http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=60502 as I am getting about half way through the process (Even though I got the nvatabus warning from nlite) and nlite just FREEZES NOW!!!! help me out here plzzzz :(

I am NOT "trying" to use the nvatabus.inf file. NLITE IS ASKING ME FOR THIS, SINCE IT MUST THINK ITS NEEDED FOR THE INSTALL...I did just what you suggested: pointed nlite to the legacy folder and it found the 2 suggested files fine...But then as soon as it does that, it wants to find this other nvatabus file???Also now see this post http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=60502 as I am getting about half way through the process (Even though I got the nvatabus warning from nlite) and nlite just FREEZES NOW!!!! help me out here plzzzz :(
The nLite pop-up message like "If you want to install nForce Raid drivers, be aware to copy the file NVATABUS.INF into the folder you point at for integration", is nonsense in your case, if you are creating a bootable AMD64 OS like XPx64 or W2k3x64, because

1. the needed INF file for the 64-Bit Satabus driver is called "NVATAX64.INF" and

2. all needed files inclusive the NVATAX64.INF is already included the LEGACY nForce driver subfolder.

If you really have problems with nLite RC3 in combination with .NET 2.0, try to go back to .NET 1.1 and nLite RC1.

CU

Fernando

Actually fernando people have been having fewer problems with .NET 2.0 :)

but 1.1 and 2.0 sometimes creates problems.

I know that. My suggestion to go back to nLite RC1 and .NET 1.1 was only dedicated for users, who still get a freezing nLite although having uninstalled all nLite and .NET versions and reinstalled both (nLite 1.0 RC3 and .NET 2.0).

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I tried integrating the nvidia raid drivers with nlite 1.0 RC1. In the first step of installing windows, you can see the drivers being loaded, I see the bus driver and mass storage controller pass. After having some bsod's (MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION) I was finally able to format my correctly set up raid 0. After doing that, setup copies the files, and reboots.

After a few hangs with the same bsod, I get to the GUI installation proces. First (at 39 minutes left) you can't see what is being installed, but a few minutes later I see "Installing devices". My hdd led stops blinking at 3/4 of the bar that indicates the installing devices progress (34 minutes left), and 20 seconds later the same bsod again. It seems like the wrong drivers are loaded, or would that mean I wouldn't get to 3/4 of installing devices?

I don't have any experience with this, don't know what to try now. Does someone have a suggestion?

TIA, Ruben

Btw, I used the legacy folder of 6.67 package, and have ACPI enabled.

Edited by ruben-m

I tried integrating the nvidia raid drivers with nlite 1.0 RC1. In the first step of installing windows, you can see the drivers being loaded, I see the bus driver and mass storage controller pass. After having some bsod's (MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION) I was finally able to format my correctly set up raid 0. After doing that, setup copies the files, and reboots.

After a few hangs with the same bsod, I get to the GUI installation proces. First (at 39 minutes left) you can't see what is being installed, but a few minutes later I see "Installing devices". My hdd led stops blinking at 3/4 of the bar that indicates the installing devices progress (34 minutes left), and 20 seconds later the same bsod again. It seems like the wrong drivers are loaded, or would that mean I wouldn't get to 3/4 of installing devices?

I don't have any experience with this, don't know what to try now. Does someone have a suggestion?

Btw, I used the legacy folder of 6.67 package, and have ACPI enabled.

I suppose, that you have an nForce Raid array. If you want help, more informations are necessary:

What sort of system (nForce3/nForce4, SATA or PATA) do you have?

Is your system overclocked?

Did you check your RAM sticks my MEMTEST?

Do you have an nForce RAID BIOS version 4.84?

Has your raid array been correctly detected within the first (=textmode) part of the installation?

Did you try to unplug all unneeded hardware (modem, printer scanner etc.) or one of your RAM sticks during the installation of Windows XP x64?

Cu

Fernando

Sorry, I should have told you...

I'm using two Hitachi SATAII 250 gb (T7K250) in RAID 0 on my DFI NF4 SLI-DR. No overclock at all, and memtest86 stable. Currently using 4 sticks of ram, I'll try with one stick. Do I have to do the install all over again or should I just continue from now on with one memory stick?

using 6/23 bios, containing 4.84 raid drivers.

You asked me:Has your raid array been correctly detected within the first (=textmode) part of the installation?

I think so, because when I needed to choose where I wanted to install windows, I saw one large disk (465 gb), so I think that is ok.

Didn't try to unplug other things, I will do that now, also with 1 stick of RAM.

That didn't work for me... Tried it several times, but each time bsod at same point... Should I try to reinstall?
Yes, you should try it once again from the beginning. Remember, that Windows XP x64 is very sensitive with unknown hardware and "bad" drivers (as the NVIDIA ones).

Did you enable ACPI (within BIOS and nLite)?

Your system should make no problems as it is very similar to the mine.

Good luck!

Fernando

Thanks for your reply! I'll try to install windows all over again today. ACPI is enabled in my BIOS, but I haven't seen it nLite (using 1.0 RC3). Where can I find that option?

I have some questions about two other options "unattended mode" and "OEM preinstall". What should I do there?

ACPI is enabled in my BIOS, but I haven't seen it nLite (using 1.0 RC3). Where can I find that option?
Section "Unattended Setup" > "General" > "Computer Type": Let it as it is as default ("automatic")
I have some questions about two other options "unattended mode" and "OEM preinstall". What should I do there?
Whithin my tests I mostly have chosen "FullUnattended" or "DefaultHide" as "Unattended Mode" and let the "Oem Preinstall" enabled, but other users have reported, that you should disable "Oem Preinstall", when you are doing an unattended install.

Tried reinstalling, but the bsod's occured after loading drivers and while installing devices, at the same point. Tomorrow after school I'll try with a fresh cd, but I don't think it is the cd that causes the problem. In your first post you are talking about suppression/removal of other drivers, but I can't find more about that. Is it an option?

In your first post you are talking about suppression/removal of other drivers, but I can't find more about that. Is it an option?
The procedure is rather complicated. When you have used the older Beta versions of nLite, you had to do some extra hand-made changes to get the SataRaid driver integration to work (either you had to remove all IDE Bus drivers within the section "hardware support" or you had to add special folders and to edit some lines within the WINNT.SIF), but since the RC1 version of nLite this is not necessary anymore. Now the suppression of the wrong MS IDE Controller driver is fully implementated.

Your report about the BSOD's indicates, that you should have done something wrong or that you have a problem within your system.

Please check your XP CD, your CD drive device and your RAM sticks, before you continue. If you try tomorrow a fresh CD, read and do exactly what I have written within my guide (post No 1). This method should work with your system!

CU

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Ok, I'm doing it later this day. I'm going to use some other RAM sticks, cause there are often problems with my corsair XMS memory and my DFI board. Though my system was really stable with winXP 32 bit, non-raid.

Edited by ruben-m