Integration of nvRaid drivers into XPx64 and W2k3x64

Fernando 1

Take these ones, if you have an AMD nForce4 chipset.

Before you start installing XP x64, be aware, that you have flashed the latest BIOS version, because the new nVidia Raid drivers need the nVidia Raid BIOS version 4.84.

Edited by Fernando 1

nvidia nforce driver are the latest as of now 6.66:}

I don't see the winnt.sif file until after I create the install (not iso).  then its created and can add the sections mentioned.

also when adding my nvidia sata raid drivers i first after add the ini file.  there is 2: install and oem.  I'm grabbing both not know which I should grab.

1. The latest NVIDIA nForce chipset driver package is v. 7.13 (unless it is specified for SLI Intel chipsets).

2. The WINNT.SIF is created by nLite, when you choose the unattended install. If you stop nLite before it ends the processing of all requested tasks (integration of drivers etc.), you will not see a WINNT.SIF.

3.When you are going to integrate the drivers, there is an option "OEM Pre-Install". Let it as it is (activated), when you want to integrate the SataRaid drivers.

I don't specifically see "OEM Pre-Install" option but I'll assume this is set. I am running the release of nLite you recommended (as opposed to beta 5) as an fyi.

i plugged in my data disk now that I'm installed (200 gig drive I install unplugged to get xp on my raid).  drive is coming up empty!!!  what could be wrong?

Have you been successfull with the installation of XP x64?

Where did you install the OS (which partition)?

What is about your "data disk"? Is this a normal hard disk device? Has this "data disk" something to do with your Raid array? Did you plug it in after the installation of XP x64?

Write, what you have done. Otherwise we can't help you.

finally got this working:) Thanks for the help!!

Now... anyone here have success and can give me direction on setting up a boot manager in this configuration? Don't want to screw this system up and need my xp32 op running as well

finally got this working:)  Thanks for the help!!

Now... anyone here have success and can give me direction on setting up a boot manager in this configuration?  Don't want to screw this system up and need my xp32 op running as well

Congratulation!

The boot manager for multiple boot systems is the boot.ini. You will find this file in the root of your boot partition (normally C:\). It is very easy to edit this ini-file from each partition.

finally got this working:)  Thanks for the help!!

Now... anyone here have success and can give me direction on setting up a boot manager in this configuration?  Don't want to screw this system up and need my xp32 op running as well

Congratulation!

The boot manager for multiple boot systems is the boot.ini. You will find this file in the root of your boot partition (normally C:\). It is very easy to edit this ini-file from each partition.

I have done this back in the "old" days but I'll need a bit more direction here. If I have my existing raid 0 setup for the entire 70 gig (2 35 gig raptors), how do i setup a separate xp32 bit install?

BTW - my earlier issue with my storage drive was resolved by selecting it and changeing it to a dynamic disk. Data was all there once i did this though may be an issue if when i reinstall my 32 bit system in seeing this. fortunately I backed it up so....

I have done this back in the "old" days but I'll need a bit more direction here.  If I have my existing raid 0 setup for the entire 70 gig (2 35 gig raptors), how do i setup a separate xp32 bit install?

The easiest way is to create a new partition within your Raid array.

my xp64 works great now though unfortunately there is little I can do with this in my real applications:( early adoption fun is over... now back to xp 32 until further maturity (dual partitioned my drive and using windows boot manager).

Thanks everyone for your help!!!

Coolest thing I got out of this was the nLite application. This guy should try to sell this app:) sssshhhhh

Windows XP Pro x64

AMD FX 57

DFI Lanparty UT Ultra D nF4 Ultra

2) 74g WD Raptor HD RAID 0 10k rpm

4g DDR400 2.5-3-2-5

ATi X850XT PE

ViewSonic LCD VX924 4ms

Home Brewed cooling system

DUDE!! You have 4 gigs of ram?? WHY!?

Edited by JuMz