Integration of nvRaid drivers into XPx64 and W2k3x64

Fernando 1

Sorry, the SLI-D is an NF4 (all SLI is NF4).

I couldn't even get the drivers from any version to work. It took that specific set to work properly. The BSOD wasn't a hardware issue, but a compatibility issue with x64 and RAID on the NF4.

I'm amazed Microsoft would release this and not know that RAID didn't work?! Not to mention the fact you need to jump through hoops to figure it out.

The BSOD wasn't a hardware issue, but a compatibility issue with x64 and RAID on the NF4.

I'm amazed Microsoft would release this and not know that RAID didn't work?! Not to mention the fact you need to jump through hoops to figure it out.

It seems to me, that Microsoft and NVIDIA don't like and don't trust each other. Maybe all our problems will be solved, when NVIDIA will present their first WHQL-certified 64bit SataRaid drivers for all nForce chipsets, that support 64 Bit.

• 2 weeks later...

okay I know this thread has gone cold but i need some help. I went through the steps in the first thread exactly and the disk boots up fine and reads my drives as 1 goes through the install reboots and goes through the gui install and reboots. At which point I get a windows load failure with options to boot normal, safe etc. no matter what I choose the computer tries and reboots and takes me right back to that safe boot screen.

please help me out here i'm using nlite v4 most current xp 64drivers but no go. I got no other option but to get this disk to work since I can't get my fdd to post.

I went through the steps in the first thread exactly and the disk boots up fine and reads my drives as 1 goes through the install reboots and goes through the gui install and reboots.  At which point I get a windows load failure with options to boot normal, safe etc.  no matter what I choose the computer tries and reboots and takes me right back to that safe boot screen.

As I have nearly the same hardware as you (DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D as mainboard and 2 Samsung Sata2 hard disk drives), I am sure, that the [OemInfFiles] method is suitable for your system too.

Please have a look on your bootable CD and check, if you really have

1. a root folder named $OEM$ with a subfolder named $$ and a subsubfolder named OEMDIR,

2. the correct files within the subsubfolder OEMDIR and

3. the exactly correct changes of the WINNT.SIF file

as I described in post No 1.

Only a little mistake can be the reason for the issue you have described.

To help you, I need some more informations:

Did you integrate the files from the nForce SATARAID folder as TEXTMODE drivers?

Did you integrate other drivers than the nForce SataRaid ones? If yes, which drivers did you integrate by nLite?

Which NVIDIA chipset driver version did you use?

Did you disable the Silicon Image Raid controller?

Do you use any other problematic hardware devices?

Did you unplugg all USB devices during installation of the OS?

CU

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Please have a look on your bootable CD and check, if you really have

1. a root folder named $OEM$ with a subfolder named $$ and a subsubfolder named OEMDIR,

2. the correct files within the subsubfolder OEMDIR and

3. the exactly correct changes of the WINNT.SIF file

as I described in post No 1.

Yup it's all right the 3 files you have listed in post 1 are at d:/$OEM$/$$/OEMDIR, I have typed out the new lines in the winnt.sif file at least 10 times I even copied directly from your post a few time just to be sure.
Did you integrate the files from the nForce SATARAID folder as TEXTMODE drivers?
YEs I did integrate as text mode drivers despite the pop up warning in nlite
Did you integrate other drivers than the nForce SataRaid ones? If yes, which drivers did you integrate by nLite?
No I didn't do any other drivers just the nvidia driver found in the SATA folder Which actually has nlite integrate 2 drivers
Which NVIDIA chipset driver version did you use?

6.66 for xp64

Did you disable the Silicon Image Raid controller?
Hmmm, Disable it? I didnt' know you could disable the SI controller. I never enabled it and have never had anything hooked up there. If it can be disabled I assume i'll find an option somewhere in the bios, I'll hunt for it.
Do you use any other problematic hardware devices?

My **** 3.5 fdd won't post, which is why i'm doing this.

Did you unplugg all USB devices during installation of the OS?

Yup the only thing pluged up is the HDs, 1 optic drive, keyboard and monitor

@ jarky:

Did you enable NCQ (for Sata2 hard disk drives)?

Is it possible, that you stress your RAM and CPU too much by overclocking your system (a 64-bit system needs more resources than a 32-bit system)?

What is the reason for your problem with your floppy disk drive?

I think, that you have a problem with your board.

Try to unplug the floppy cable and disable the floppy controller in the BIOS.

I Don't know about ncq i only know how to enable it in windows. My HD are un jumpered straight out of the static bag. so that sata II enabled spead stream disabled, I have speed stream disabled in my bios as well. Should I activate those jumpers and enable in bios, I didn't think that would make a difference.

I don't think it's my oc settings the are not very extreme at this point and I tried reseting to optimum after my last reboot loop and got the same results.

I have A and B drives set to none at this point.

I hope it's not my mobo it would be a b***h to pull my water cooling rig out.

One question since our bios is at least similar. you asked id I had the silicon image controller disabled, where do I find the option to disable this controller. I looked and looked and I'm not seeing it. IN the bios raid menu I have sata 5 - sata 8 disabled, is that what you mean?

One question since our bios is at least similar.  you asked id I had the silicon image controller disabled,  where do I find the option to disable this controller.  I looked and looked and I'm not seeing it.  IN the bios raid menu I have sata 5 - sata 8 disabled, is that what you mean?

You are right: Our BIOS is nearly similar (I have the new official version 6-23), but our mainboard is different, because you have 2 RAID controllers (NVIDIA and Silicon Image). So there should be a possibility to enable/disable the NVIDIA or Silicon Image Raid controller within the BIOS. But I don't know where, because I don't have the SLI version of the DFI NF4 board.

My bios doesn't even show me sata 5-8 since I have nothing hooked up to the silicon image controller. I'm really at the end of my rope, I can't get the fdd to work and can't get the slipstream disk to work (despite many attempts). Got ANY other ideas before I pull out the jack hammer so I can RMA this board.

preface, never have done this with install cd before.

nvidia nforce driver are the latest as of now 6.66:}

guys, maybe i'm missing somthing in the process but somthing is missing here. I don't see the winnt.sif file until after I create the install (not iso). then its created and can add the sections mentioned.

also when adding my nvidia sata raid drivers i first after add the ini file. there is 2: install and oem. I'm grabbing both not know which I should grab.

when I boot to this disk I get

NTLDR corrupt message

ideas?

I don't see the winnt.sif file until after I create the install (not iso).  then its created and can add the sections mentioned.

also when adding my nvidia sata raid drivers i first after add the ini file.  there is 2: install and oem.  I'm grabbing both not know which I should grab.

1. The latest NVIDIA nForce chipset driver package is v. 7.13 (unless it is specified for SLI Intel chipsets).

2. The WINNT.SIF is created by nLite, when you choose the unattended install. If you stop nLite before it ends the processing of all requested tasks (integration of drivers etc.), you will not see a WINNT.SIF.

3.When you are going to integrate the drivers, there is an option "OEM Pre-Install". Let it as it is (activated), when you want to integrate the SataRaid drivers.

preface, never have done this with install cd before.

guys, maybe i'm missing somthing in the process but somthing is missing here. I don't see the winnt.sif file until after I create the install (not iso). then its created and can add the sections mentioned.

also when adding my nvidia sata raid drivers i first after add the ini file. there is 2: install and oem. I'm grabbing both not know which I should grab.

when I boot to this disk I get

NTLDR corrupt message

ideas?

This is for an AMD chip and specifically what I'm downloading is

nForce4 AMD Edition (6.66) - Windows XP Professional x64

Version: 6.66

Release Date: July 15, 2005

WHQL Certified

* Audio driver 4.62 (WHQL)

* Audio utilities 4.51

* Ethernet driver 4.82 (WHQL)

* Network management tools version 4.85