will u upgrade to longhorn

Nepali

Will u upgrade to windows longhorn when it will be finally released  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Will u upgrade to windows longhorn when it will be finally released

• Yes, of course
    • No, I won't

Need more of a reason to upgrade than simply getting a new skin/theme for XP (which is all longhorn is atm). All the other features of it are going to be released in a service pack for XP anyways.

im begining to doubt it, and im not enthusiastic about it as i was xp. Im not encouraging people to upgrade, in fact im suggesting that people be cautious with approaching Longhorn. It seems it will offer little new for customers, except alot more ways for MS to control and regulate your pc habits.

Upon completion, please sit down.

Polish quality.

We will do what we always do, look at it and point 100 things about (Longhorn) that we don’t like. Look at it some more, strip it, figure out why it all went to hell, go oooh, and try again. Ultimately I think it will be a good OS, I'm shure by its first SP. It will be better than XP by that point. Some will shy, some may cry and a majority of us will know that it was gonna happen at some point. Frankly i think MS is realizing that if there gonna play the patch quilt style of building an OS that it’s better to use the "more expensive fabrics" so to speak as there is a higher output return. We still have at minimum 5 months till we see any thing that is close to 90% or above error free quality. So till then let’s keep playing with XP, MCE 2005, and 2003. All the while we will prepare for the future that we ultimately will influence and wreak havoc upon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each voice is as good as the one that pressed it, but never quit the same as the first or last...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Commander X800

I actually did a Null Vote. But I regret doing that now. I likely will but won't use it seriously until Nuhi has it all cleaned up with nLite. I'm assuming M$ being M$ will put loads of crap in there I don't want.

this is the best evaluation i could find from another forum

Here's what I have to say about this:

1) Microsoft's BIGGEST disgrace and disrespect to their customers.

2) Bloatier, heavier and more resource hungry than ever!

3) No longer supports 3D acceleration, only software (are they f***ing insane ?) (Last I heard it concerned 3D and normal sound acceleration through DirectX) I haven't really seen that it affects graphics too, I think the entire bloody desktop is Direct3D operated bloody arse bandits.

4) No longer supports hardware sound acceleration (are they f***ing nuts ?)

5) REQUIRES DRM enabled hardware devices including but not limited to monitors (they can kiss my arse with that)

6) Server side authentication - part of the OS core is on a server and EVERY UNIQUE key is required to be authenticated - a percentage of your network is CONSTANTLY used and no longer can be disabled

7) Forced to use a new file system - no more support for FAT32. (old rumours had it that winfs was an extension to NTFS, but latest I've seen you are FORCED to use WINFS and cannot turn the motherf***er off)

8) An OS based around more spyware and adware than EVER before, bringing e-commerce to your desktop and core OS. This motherf***er is probably the biggest spyware/adware ridden OS in history.

9) NO LONGER supports non WHQL signed drivers, will no longer allow you to force install these at all.

10) system performance crippling disk, indexing and network profiling that unlike XP, can no longer be disabled.

Those are the top 10 most obvious ones -

Congratulations motherf***ers at microsoft, they are finally bringing homeland security to your desktop - No longer does the user have control but MICROSOFT has control over your motherf***ing PC.

Conclusion: If at all the final build of long-wanks will be just as bad as this motherf***ing piece of s***e then this will clearly be the biggest CRAP from Microsoft.

Forgive my rant but right bloody now I am p***ED OFF right now.

And when you mentionned long and horny you made me even more irate!

if it stays like that then upgrading is to "Vista" as its now called will be out of the question...