Does your XP starts in secs. or min.?(help)

IceCold0

My Build 2600 Corporate edition boots up in 5 seconds.

My Girlfriends Windows 2000 takes around 1 minute.

i could be connected to the internet by the time she boots up,

:) when will she realise? [/quote:5272ecc764]

What's the specs of your PC?

Like the old saying goes....the s***s getting deep in here, Pull your pant leggs up. There isnt a machine that can boot XP from the first push of a button to actually being able to do something on the desktop in 5 sec. Its all bulls***. Just a spam post.

-XPerties

Damm!!! ..... man Im running a P4 1.6 gig and mine still takes about 40secs

I can go downstairs and pour a drink by the time the login screen comes up!!!!!![/quote:9dda3b29ea]

Think how much happier you'll be when you're an old fart like me! It takes me more than 40 seconds just to pick up a glass!

:)

My Dell PIII 500 MHz notebook takes a hair less than 40 seconds from POST to logged in and useful desktop, but I'll bet it isn't loading as many devices as your system is.

• 2 weeks later...

while i was running zone alarm pro i noticed that really slowed down my boot up.also when i removed it it still took ages to boot an i had to wait for floppy to clunk.i didnt however know that it was zonealarm at this time though. then by running the command msconfig (using run in start) i noticed true vector (part of zone alarm stil booted with my pc).also for those who dont use zone alarm and have a lot of software you can choose what u want to start when you boot.now this tip is for all running xp,do start run msconfig,go to services and uncheck the box next to workstation :)

I have a T-bird 1.0 gig...512 meg of ram running on

a partitioned Maxtor 100 gig ata-100.

I bootup winxp corp edition in about 30 seconds-after running

bootvis there wasn't any noticable difference whatsoever..?

Just thought i'd speak my results...I really love XP, it's very cool, and

the best OS that i've run yet...even after win2k.

cheers,

Jackpot

Was 1min before I run bootvis, now about 25-30s.

1.5GHz a lot of RAM. I've got too many different programms, so may be without them XP would bootup in 15sec. 30s is fine for me, just perfection.

I've switched off everything I could in msconfig when I first install XP. And services there is no such a thing like workstation, I mean in my services. Thaks anyway, will try to run bootvis again tomorrow and see if XP could do it faster. I noticed that sometimes if you install some program, XP start to boot slower even if you Remove it. I always have the Image of my C: drive, in case I want to restore XP.

Regards