Mozilla to add BitTorrent support like Opera

SiMoNsAyS

just to remember it's still on development and we don't even now if it will be bundled with firefox or not ;)

another fact is that we've learn how firefox setup works, we're able to modify it, remove/add components, extensions, themes and plugins and silent install it so i don't know why this could be a problem for us ;):lol:

In other news, the Feedview extension will be integrated into Firefox 1.5. This means that RSS-feeds will now look good instead of the XML-view. Also, Firefox will be able to make them Live Bookmarks too.

wtf, feedview extension :blink:, why would i want that in my browser. this ff thingy is becoming bloatware. i wanna use my advanced rss-viewer extension/program, not some crappy feedview implementation. :realmad:

get the picture?

Edited by eben

Just as expected.

Firefox seems to generate a compulsive "me too" mentality...

The real reason behind this torrent extension, is for parity with Opera. And the feedview, is for parity with IE7.

Saw it coming.... First they denounce opera as bloatware, then they "borrow" that feature for themselves. :P

For the last time, Bittorrent will never/ever be integrated within Firefox, it's an extension.

And feedview is an old extension and I like it because it doesn't add bloat. It simply converts the old ugly RSS-XML sheets to something actually readable. You can easily still use an external RSS-reader, just like before. And if you don't like the default behaviour, install an extension. :P

Stop friggin' bashing Firefox for everything, I'm not bashing Opera. Can't we just all be happy about not using MSIE damnit? :P

edit= the new extensions manager and new options menu in Firefox, now those suck.

Edited by Nanaki

I believe you nanaki :) Just as well they never integrate it either :D

I think Firefox is super, but to see it contaminated with useless clutter for no reason would be pointless. The extensions idea is great if you need any of that stuff.

Ihate file sharing and P2P software, and I had it in my mind this is what BitTorrent was designed for? I am working on blocking all the P2P program ports on my router, and it appeared BitTorrent was one of those such protocols used.

I hope Firefox doesnt slip into the "me too" mentality, which I didnt think it had yet, if anything, I thought it was IE7 trying to live upto Mozilla products! :P

Maybe I havent read enough into this thread but what is BitTorrent and why would Firefox want it? :huh:

why dont people jump down FF's throats about 'copying' the bitorrent idea

If IE had it you would all be MS i copying blah blah blah

I've noticed that Firefox users are really stuck up, and wont let the fact sink in that their browser isnt loved by everyone

Opera users - nice people, quiet, calm replies

IE users - nice people, quiet, calm replies

Also i agree with most people firefox is becoming Bloatware!

soon with site making extension it will be worse then activex controls in IE

Thank god IE7 is in beta now (as a matter of fact im using it now and its been working fine)

why dont people jump down FF's throats about 'copying' the bitorrent idea

If IE had it you would all be MS i copying blah blah blah

*slap* No, no, no.

IT'S A F***ING EXTENSION!

Ffs. :P

Anyway, I find both Opera/Firefox users fanboys. I don't care, but don't start flaming on eachothers browser. I'm just a guy fed up with MSIE and the problems I have to fix related to that browser. I'm still of the principle "use what you want". I always preferred Gecko. From Netscape, to Seamonkey, ending with Firefox. I really like the latest version of Opera, but it doesn't give me something extra that makes me want to switch. I really fail to see a lot of difference between the browsers. I love extensions tho.

Edited by Nanaki