vpn problem

hi everyone

I have a problem with vpn connection. I have small lan with windows xp SP2 and all the new updates related to sp2. I a'm using one of these pcs to connect to the internet via vpn and sometimes i get blue death screen of windows xp on this pc only. It restarts my pc. Ii have changed the windows to 2003 with latest updates ,it's the same, i'm sure it's not a hardware problem

firewall is on

antivirus with latest update

Is it possible that this VPN problem is caused by the isp ???

What could be the problem of such a case?

Thanks

it could be the MTU issue. check these pages,

vpn connection issues after 2003 sp1

Resolution: Set my VPN client MTU to 1400. To modify MTU, please refer to this

page, How to change MTU settings for PPP or VPN. Related Topics ...

http://www.howtonetworking.com/casestudy/2003sp1&mtu.htm - Similar pages

black screen when rdp over vpn

Finally, We reduce MTU from 1500 to 1400 in the SonicWall. ...

http://www.howtonetworking.com/casestudy/mtu1.htm

Edited by chicagotech

darkhack, definitely check chicagotech's links, if they don't do anything for you it kind of does sound like hardware maybe.

I know you say not but what is leading me to believe that is, it happened to you on the same computer under two different operating systems. It could mean a failing hard drive.

Also it could be the copies of the OS that you used (although unlikely). Did you use installations that were slipstreamed, otherwise customized, or perhaps bootlegged (you don't have to answer this last one, I don't care I'm just pointing out that sometimes the copies available on the Internet don't always work).

darkhack, my appologies I must have misunderstood you.

I thought you meant you made a VPN with Windows XP and then switched to Windows 2003 S on the same computer and got the same blue screen problem. That is why I mentioned hardware. However if you tried it with two differnt physical computers as you say then it obviously isn't hardware.

I strongly doubt it would be your ISP. At this point I'm not sure what it could be, but I will keep thinking. Let me know if you figure it out.