Customizing the Add/Remove Programs Window

I have an idea for a mod for windows, no I’m not much of a coder, so I’m not knowledgeable about how to go about doing this sort of thing, but in windows XP you can click a check box at the upper right hand corner of the Add Remove apps window in the first box. Allowing you to see windows updates that are installed (mainly hot fixes) what I want to do is be able to add a divider so that you can separate windows software form every thing else.

If this is in the wrong section, will a mod move it to the correct place (thakz).

If this is someone else’s project (has already did this), please tell me.

I think the Add/Remove Programs Window's layout stored in xpsp1res.dll (service pack1) or xpsp2res.dll (if sp2 installed) >> RC Data >> 100; 101 and 102. these files are the same as the shellstyle.dll UIFILEs.

You can't see this RC Datas with reshack. Only with resource program which use UPX unpacker, like PE EXPLORER! (heaventools.com, not free but a good program. has 30 days trial.). I didn't modify this yet, so i don't know it is really for that... but i think this is for Add/Remove Programs Window's layout. And a little bit more complicated than shellstyle.dll's uifile. :(