Windows Post Install Wizard Reference Page

hello everybody im working on the new reference all in one page for the windows post install wizard here youll find ways to customize your wpi and hopefully add to it

here is the first run of the work so far,, give me your feed back on what you think..

likes, dislikes, ideals , additions. .... (remember its still incomplete)

if you feel i left some thing out then pls post and ill try my best to add on to it. remember this reference page will benefit everyone because of its information all in one place

ill be hosting this page up for half of today before i take it down and resume work on it.

pls try to not be so bruital on my work

EDIT

removed link ---- work in progress

Edited by Lost Soul

Good work Mate so far so good. Seems to have everything I can think of to as as well. At least all the parts that have a solution thus far on the forum.

:thumbsup:

EDIT:

Lost Soul, I'm trying to get rid of the smallbart.gif and when I do it seems to leave the lil redx at the top left of the screen.

I accounted for all the images on the left (buttons) just cant seen to figure out what this lack of image is coming from.

here is the line that i am getting rid of in the wpi.htm in the themes folder.

<tr><td colspan="2" background="./themes/Default/smallbart.gif" height="3px"></td></tr>

am I doing it right or am I missing something.

Also would like to know where would I go to change the timer so that it is left aligned. (aligned with the buttons over it)

^ the phrase Installer will start in

time

Click here to stop timer

i want these left aligned under the buttons (dont matter if they are located in the same area in the column just aligned to the left.

Edited by lionhrt

Okay we need a credits section for credits and gpl license.

Maybe an advanced options section also. (for thins like if you change the cd identifer (win51) in wpi.cmd you must change it in generate.js.

And how to make a new lang entry.

Some other stuff but I just woke up.

THIS LOOKS AWESOME THOUGH and I can't wait to add it to WPI.

thanks guys,

@kelsenellenelvian ill work on it tonight and add some more sections, is there any other sections you think we will need ?

i think i should also add a section for instal methods,, like the few ways to instal wpi off cd,, like astalavistas method of his made exe file, and probably the way we instal it off cd

@lionhrt

im not really sure how to move the clock ive never tried, but if some one dosnt answer it for you, ill take a look at it and get back to you.

thanks for the feed back guys keep it coming,, lets fill this reference guide up with anything we can deem useful :)

Just wanted to point out that as in blinktd's themes he has made a few adjustments himself;

Sor instance with the links that open independent pages in the top left and top right of his them page may be used for similiar things as well, for instance a wpi manual. Also he has a few cosmetics as in changing the "Installer will start to Countdown. also he has added an image to stop the timer maybe he can give you the ins on how he did that.

also I have noticed in a few downloadable themes, that there is an adduser.vbs script. Is this nessesary to have a add administration. From the past seems I loaded it or it added a new admin. on my system where it would ask for a password for which i did not know.

So from now on I delete it from any theme I tend to d/l.

Just wanted to point out that as in blinktd's themes he has made a few adjustments himself;

Sor instance with the links that open independent pages in the top left and top right of his them page may be used for similiar things as well, for instance a wpi manual. Also he has a few cosmetics as in changing the "Installer will start to Countdown. also he has added an image to stop the timer maybe he can give you the ins on how he did that.

nice ideal thanks for pointing that out ill contact him and see what he has to offer
also I have noticed in a few downloadable themes, that there is an adduser.vbs script. Is this nessesary to have a add administration. From the past seems I loaded it or it added a new admin. on my system where it would ask for a password for which i did not know.

i dont believe the adduser.vbs is needed it sounds like thats a addon that some one else created,

Sorry Lost Soul, just a question I gotta ask

I have only used the current version of WPI.

is there a large difference in the WPI,htm (or any) from previous version?

Because I cant seen to find this in my source.

Look for this ( top of page ) inside your wpi.htm file in the theme your using

<script> if (bgpicture && bgpicture[0]!='') { document.all.bgpiclayer.style.display = 'block'; document.all.bgpic.src = bgpicture[0]; } </script>

<table class="box" border="0" width="100%" height="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" onclick="stopInterval()"> <tr><td colspan="2" bgcolor="#18339f" height="5%"> WRITE HERE

Sorry Lost Soul, just a question I gotta ask

I have only used the current version of WPI.

is there a large difference in the WPI,htm (or any) from previous version?

Because I cant seen to find this in my source.

Look for this ( top of page ) inside your wpi.htm file in the theme your using

<script> if (bgpicture && bgpicture[0]!='') { document.all.bgpiclayer.style.display = 'block'; document.all.bgpic.src = bgpicture[0]; } </script>

<table class="box" border="0" width="100%" height="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" onclick="stopInterval()"> <tr><td colspan="2" bgcolor="#18339f" height="5%"> WRITE HERE

no worries on any questions lionhrt im always glad to try to help, ive double checked the code and at the time of adding by method of proofing old posts, i failed to realize that that script is for an older version of wpi, ill make sure it and every script is edited for up to date versions

sorry for the confusion,, but thanks for the reminder on my todo list :)

,, the versions have changed and in the file on line 18,, it should look this with the latest version

<script>

if (bgpicture != '')

{

document.all.bgpiclayer.style.display = 'block';

document.all.bgpic.src = bgpicture;

}

</script>

is where you want to look at

Edited by Lost Soul

Hey Lost Soul we need to edit part of the guide for there is now a section in the config page for adding in pics. Note they need to be placed in the graphics folder and the size needs to be added in config section.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...=0entry350890

Edited by kelsenellenelvian

Hey Lost Soul we need to edit part of the guide for there is now a section in the config page for adding in pics. Note they need to be placed in the graphics folder and the size needs to be added in config section.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...=0entry350890

ok so should i remove it from the adding cosmetics section ?