Winstaller 1.0b1

well... ive been playing and windows installer is now probably 100 million times better than anything ever seen before...

im gonna do a proper writeup later today, but here is a peview of what u can now do..

dump this and your xmls on your bart/win pe cd and run it, fiddle with the answers so the install can be changed per computer with one cd...

now here is where it gets better... it can now run commands before and after it runs setup (e.g i have set it to format the c: (or systemdrive) before running setup, then when it finishes setup copy the RunnceEx.cmd from the ram drive to the setup file...

why from the ramdrie u say? becuase winstaller can now write to any arbitrary text file... which means that you can dump all 50 programs that u have that could be installed in the runonceex stage, but selectivly choose which u actually want to install on that computer !!! cool aye?

so, ye, im gonna get the bartpe plugin done and some standard xmls done and then ill right up a proper how to..

also, depending on how much time i have next week, i may even make a xml editor to make that part just a bit easier...

stay tuned ..

btw, the new version is in the link in my last post

• 4 weeks later...

You may want to update the link in the first post of the thread so that members see it is an active project. I tried the first download link, then noticed you changed it later in thread to a zip. Thanks, going to check it out :)