How to install a XP 64 Bit Edition?

I download a Windows XP 64 Bit Edition from MS site today but I don't know how to install it properly.The problems are :To burn the ISO file to a CD, you must have a CD-RW drive (CD burner) with appropriate supporting software. If you do not have a CD burner, there are third-party software products available on the Internet that will allow you to create a virtual CD drive.

So first I use a virtual CD drive to install it but when I click setup.exe it reminds me :This version of Windows must be installed by booting off of the CD.Please reboot your computer with the CD in the drive.

Then I burn it to a CD and insert the CD then restart my computer, but CD couldn't be AutoRun.

My PC is :Asus K8v-x,A-data ddr 400 512m,AMD Athlon 64 2800+ and C is NTFS.

Who can tell me what's the matter? Do I need to add something to the XP 64 files or ...?

no need if u do'nt have a cd-rw few steps.

1) always to test any operating system remeber to test before implementing in a production enviorment

2) use tools to create iso image for ex- UltraISO,ISOMagic etc.

3) to test iso image use tools such as Virtual PC 2004 SP1 from Microsoft or other alternative could be VMWare Workstation 5.0.

4) When u use these tools u might or i can say if some problem arises can be found

5)with the ur time of formating the entire system + Trial and error policy.

:thumbup

there should be no need to alter the iso in any way,

using nero, in the 'Recorder' menu, select burn image, find your iso, and burn it :thumbsup:

It sill doesn't work,could you sent me a copy of you bootable CD ISO? Thank you!

Edited by arost

If it still does'nt work, request and download it again from microsoft, if you get hold of a copy of magic ISO it comes with a very easy to use piece of software called magic cd burner, which burns ISO, BIN, CUE etc. so simple my 2 year old son could use it, just put a blank disc in your cd writter, next box download, select your file that you want to burn, then select the check box "burn proof" then click burn.

3) to test iso image use tools such as Virtual PC 2004 SP1 from Microsoft  or other alternative could be VMWare Workstation 5.0.

Testing a virtual machine environment is a good idea, but neither Virtual PC or VMWare support 64-bit guest machines yet so you can't do this.

Plain and simple, :w00t:

Get a CD Burner and a copy of Nero Burning Rom.....

Get a download manager such as Download Accelerator Plus, or a comparable program with a "Resume/Suspend" feature...

Download a NEW, FRESH copy of the x64 trial WITH the download manager....

Get a blank CD-R disc, put it in the burner, open up Nero, choose the "Burn an ISO to CD" option..... Locate the ISO file on your computer, and burn it to the CD.....

That's it, it's not rocket science, and if the doesn't work, go out and buy the full version of XP x64 like I did, you won't be dissapointed......

Best of luck :thumbup

mrvader89

If it still does'nt work, request and download it again from microsoft, if you get hold of a copy of magic ISO it comes with a very easy to use piece of software called magic cd burner, which burns ISO, BIN, CUE etc. so simple my 2 year old son could use it, just put a blank disc in your cd writter, next box download, select your file that you want to burn, then select the check box "burn proof" then click burn.

OK, I can use nero, but the CD I burnt just coun't be booted,so I couln't see" Press any key to boot from CD ".It just skiped to xp 32.

Plain and simple, :w00t:

Get a CD Burner and a copy of Nero Burning Rom.....

Get a download manager such as Download Accelerator Plus, or a comparable program with a "Resume/Suspend" feature...

Download a NEW, FRESH copy of the x64 trial WITH the download manager....

Get a blank CD-R disc, put it in the burner, open up Nero, choose the "Burn an ISO to CD" option..... Locate the ISO file on your computer, and burn it to the CD.....

That's it, it's not rocket science, and if the doesn't work, go out and buy the full version of XP x64 like I did, you won't be dissapointed......

Best of luck :thumbup

mrvader89

That is to say you just copy the ISO to CD ,then it can bootbable?Open my burnt CD there is an ISO,is that the problbem?ON the CD,what should i see an ISO or all the unziped ISO? Edited by arost

That is to say you just copy the ISO to CD ,then it can bootbable?Open my burnt CD there is an ISO,is that the problbem?ON the CD,what should i see an ISO or all the unziped ISO?

Answer to question 1: NO! You shall not burn a copy, but the files, that are packed in this ISO-file.

Answer to question 2: YES, that is your problem. You just burnt a copy of that iso-file.

Answer to question 3: You should see the (visible) unzipped files.

When you use Nero Burning ROM, you have to do the following:

1. Put an empty CD into your CD burning device.

2. Open Nero.

3. Shut the small window, which opens at the beginning.

4. Select in the top menue of Nero "recorder" and then klick "burn image".

5. Choose the ISO-file you want to burn.

6. Burn.

- Done! -

Good luck

Fernando 1

Tanks a bunch! I finally made it. The reason I failed was i didn't got a burner, so i just let other one burnt it for me.They burnt it in a wrong way, may be they burn it in DATA format, so on the CD you can find just as the one I downloaded.Today I burt it in person, I finally got a bootable CD. Thank you again!

Edited by arost

• 3 weeks later...
I download a Windows XP 64 Bit Edition from MS site today but I don't know how to install it properly.The problems are :To burn the ISO file to a CD, you must have a CD-RW drive (CD burner) with appropriate supporting software. If you do not have a CD burner, there are third-party software products available on the Internet that will allow you to create a virtual CD drive.

So first I use a virtual CD drive to install it but when I click setup.exe it reminds me :This version of Windows must be installed by booting off of the CD.Please reboot your computer with the CD in the drive.

Then I burn it to a CD and insert the CD then restart my computer, but CD couldn't be AutoRun.

My PC is :Asus K8v-x,A-data ddr 400 512m,AMD Athlon 64 2800+ and C is NTFS.

Who can tell me what's the matter? Do I need to add something to the XP 64 files or ...?

Download MagicISO, try it to create iso image. and burn iso image to cd.

http://www.magiciso.com/