Move MSFN to next step?

Martin Zugec

Do you share my opinion?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you share my opinion?

• Yes, I think it is good idea, lets move forward
    • Nope, dont like it
    • Other (please comment)

I just wanted to ask, would this be for forum members only? I am asking this because I was wondering what could happen to the bandwidth needed if it became very popular on the net. If my question is not important then I will vote yes and if it is for forum members only, I will vote yes also. Just asking. Thank you.

DL

Thank you Bâshrat the Sneaky. Voted.

Edited by DL

I just wanted to ask, would this be for forum members only?  I am asking this because I was wondering what could happen to the bandwidth needed if it became very popular on the net.  If my question is not important then I will vote yes and if it is for forum members only, I will vote yes also.  Just asking.  Thank you.

DL

It would be for everyone.

Man...now everyone is going to think i was copying you Bashrat....

For me it doesn't matter who inspired who... there are many sites with very similar design... and some of them are "annoying" when reading because of their complexity.

But I don't want "everyone" think a so bad thing ! :o

Forgot about that comparison... i had took the first coming in mind, and it's far from the worse.

Edited by Delprat

As a 'sneak preview' (sort of , not anymore with this post...), check here BTSunattended.net's uAwiki.

Great work BTS

It looks better than unattended.msfn.net (white background, nice font, in one word : "the professional touch")

Man...now everyone is going to think i was copying you Bashrat....

I'll make a big banner on it, saying: "Alanoll is not copying this site!", ok? :hello:

:blink::w00t: ;-)

I may be new here, but I think it is a great idea. MSFN already commands great respect in the community, and those of us who have found it find out very fast what a great resource it is. The folks here have been valuable to me in my quest for answers and collecting that wisdom in a central place makes wonderful sense. I'm sure each of us has collected the tweaks and bits and bobs that have made our lives easier, and doing that in a more formal way is a way to help more folks.

It would also help those who wander in looking for stuff, only to be told to search for it. Well, I know that searching is very time consuming and still I do it. Some are not so patient so they ask what has already been answered somewhere. Collecting the info in a more centralized place would facilitate that function and save those of us who try to explain it to those searching!

The utilities and apps developed here already enjoy followings and they each have their advantages and disadvantages (okay, not so many disadvantages...lol). Having them branded with an MSFN moniker would give them panash.

I vote yes. And will help if I can.

Thank you all here, by the way.

DD

=====

Ok, so I think we can begin (almost everyone agreed it is good idea). So what I am looking for:

a.) persons, who would like to write about topics...

b.) graphics, who would like to create MSFN Certified stamps...

c.) someone, who will search through forum and bring the scripts/apps that were posted here

d.) and of course many testers

:( Looks like i'm the only one who voted under other. OK so here's my comment.

Just as you give users options for the light version of msfn. you could try to give them an option to select the new / old version of the web page.

(Opps. looks like i've posted this a lil too late. anyways, the new look will be gr too and im in for it.)