WinntbbuED

@leonx81,

- Are you trying to edit a UPX'd WINNTBBU.DLL, as i got your exact same error when i tried to edit the pictures of my WINNTBBU.DLL (which is compressed by UPX)...?

When I load the UPX'd winntbbu.dll into winntbbu.dll it loads fine but errors when trying to save and corrupts the upx'd winntbbu.dll file..

Ya this is the Same Prob I m Facing , Winntbbu.dll loads succefully for me, also I can edit all the parts like Text and pictures , but wen I try to save the work it gives error like Program Created problem and Shuts down.

So What's the solution to this prob , also can it be because of BMP/picture file I m using.

• 4 weeks later...
So is any futher development being done??

Hi!

first of all sorry for my long absence, 2nd i'm still a bit short in time, so i cant reply to all posts right now.

Had some bigger impacts to real life to handle, some bad (e.g. car accident :() some good (e.g. I'm married now :D )

So there hasnt been any time for development since the Debug Version.

But things are slowly getting back to normal and i'm expecting to be able to pick up development again within this month.

I'll be back (couldnt resist :))

Edited by TheMadGuy

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Evry1!

I'm not sure if i am too late with this, since not much happening here anymore...

But anyways, i had a little spare time and was tired of the work needed to modify texts in the winntbbu.dll, so i put together a little VB-Application.

I tried to keep it as tight as possible, so if i am not mistaken all you will need to run this are the vb6 runtimes (which, if you dont run winxp anyway, can get from ms directly).

Comments & Suggestions are very welcome

The Mad Guy

Hi Mad Guy,

Excellent little application and very, very helpful - thankyou! I have a suggestion for you - do you think you can put a similar application together to edit the loginui.exe file?

BTW i will putting a mirror in on my site this week for this tool to show my support :D

is there a way to move the 5 tasks (located down the left side) down a little to allow for 2 or three lines of text with this tool?

Also i have a suggestion for the tool; It would be great if you could save your template or preferences - that way if MS do updates that effect the .dll files, then you could simply load the editor and then apply your template/preferences to the .dll's again and save. Would be very handy :thumbup

Edited by `Felix`

I can open the standard Winntbbu.dll on the xp installation and make modifications to my hearts content

BUT if I download anyones dll say from the Yahoo group and go

Edit -> pictures I get the following error

Runtime error '91'

object variable or with block variable not set...

is there a solution to this problem...

Thanks

me too plz help

debug no't download

• 2 weeks later...

I have Turkish Windows XP and your tool only shows english resources(strings,bmps....).I have opened with Reshacker and saw that for every resource there is 2 entry,one is english and other is turkish.For example

1 STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
and
STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE LANG_TURKISH, 0x1

Is it possible to add selection of code pages.With your tool I can only edit english resources.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok then 'Arnold'

Get Back then, :)

btw congrats on the marriage, guess we now have to wait till the honeymoon is over ;)

Thnx!

and now most stuff is handles and i got a bit of spare time again, and as promised i'm going to pick up development again.

Do I need an XP system or can I run this on 98se OS ??

It should run on an 98se aswell, though it's intended for the winntbbu.dll of xp only.

Hi Evry1!

I'm not sure if i am too late with this, since not much happening here anymore...

But anyways, i had a little spare time and was tired of the work needed to modify texts in the winntbbu.dll, so i put together a little VB-Application.

I tried to keep it as tight as possible, so if i am not mistaken all you will need to run this are the vb6 runtimes (which, if you dont run winxp anyway, can get from ms directly).

Comments & Suggestions are very welcome

The Mad Guy

Hi Mad Guy,

Excellent little application and very, very helpful - thankyou! I have a suggestion for you - do you think you can put a similar application together to edit the loginui.exe file?

BTW i will putting a mirror in on my site this week for this tool to show my support :D

Hi 'n' Thank ya.

afaik there are already tools that handle the loginui nicely, and i guess i could, but my limited spare time will keep me from doing so for sure, since there is rarely time to put into WinntbbuED, and i defenatly want to bring this project further again

is there a way to move the 5 tasks (located down the left side) down a little to allow for 2 or three lines of text with this tool?

Also i have a suggestion for the tool; It would be great if you could save your template or preferences - that way if MS do updates that effect the .dll files, then you could simply load the editor and then apply your template/preferences to the .dll's again and save. Would be very handy :thumbup

1.) now there isnt, the position is calculated by the dll, and actually dont know where it is calculated and i guess it wouldnt be so easy to change that calculation properly

2.) something like this is already on the to do list, but since not all major features are in yet, it has a low priority for now.

I can open the standard Winntbbu.dll on the xp installation and make modifications to my hearts content

BUT if I download anyones dll say from the Yahoo group and go

Edit -> pictures I get the following error

Runtime error '91'

object variable or with block variable not set...

is there a solution to this problem...

Thanks

me too plz help

debug no't download

can you share a problem .dll on a public place like rapidshare or so, that i am able to test, since i'm not subscribed to yahoo groups ?!

I have Turkish Windows XP and your tool only shows english resources(strings,bmps....).I have opened with Reshacker and saw that for every resource there is 2 entry,one is english and other is turkish.For example

1 STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
and
STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE LANG_TURKISH, 0x1

Is it possible to add selection of code pages.With your tool I can only edit english resources.

Hi!

actually there is code which should select the native language if found, but as it seems it aint working properly, so could you please put your dll on a public place, so that i can test and fix the code ?!