Zone Alarm!

I've had mixed experiences with ZA firewall Pro - it all depends on your software setup I think ie. what programs are installed on your computer and what OS.

One time when I had installed Kaspersky personal antivirus and installed ZA I could hardly make my computer boot :o

But at best it doesen't conflict with other things and then its a decent product.

Why don't you try it on your system and see how it acts ... ?

Wouldn't bother purchasing it. it only gives you more tweeks to fiddle with. the free version does its job and thats to block nasties. I tried the pro version and it LOCKED EVERYTHING DOWN so I couldn't get anything through.

;)

Edited by Railman5

Agnitum Outpost Firewall is by far the best software FW, but if ZA is a must I would try to find the ZA 4.5.594 version.

ZA v5.* is crap, it blocks and mess things up at best.

But then, thats only my own opinion.

And between Kaspersky and ZA...Kaspersky. :thumbup

Edited by Clint

ZA 4.5 is better than 5.0 but try 6.0, a lot of things have been fixed.

Kaspersky provides a even better security but I would go for Anti-Virus Personal and perhaps Anti-Hacker but not the Personal Security Suite.

There are trial versions of all these products.

It has always worked well for me. Btw, you are going to pay for software?! Man just download the trial, get the fix and evalute for more than 15 or 30 days (whatever it is).

ZA 4.5 is better than 5.0 but try 6.0, a lot of things have been fixed.

Kaspersky provides a even better security but I would go for Anti-Virus Personal and perhaps Anti-Hacker but not the Personal Security Suite.

There are trial versions of all these products.

Yup, didn't know..gonna have a try at it :D

Here did I find them if anyone is interested:

ZoneAlarm Pro 6.0.591.002 Beta

http://fileforum.betanews.com/download/Zon...ro/1023831973/3

ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.0.591.002 Beta

http://fileforum.betanews.com/download/Zon...te/1091194220/1

It has always worked well for me. Btw, you are going to pay for software?! Man just download the trial, get the fix and evalute for more than 15 or 30 days (whatever it is).

No talk about warez/cracks here...

But I'll agree with the meaning behind it. Sygate and Kerio offer free versions of their software that do the job just as well as ZoneAlarm. I found ZA a bit to "big" for my tastes, but that's just me and I don't mind the simplicity of Sygate's messages (no fancy GUI there, just plain box with OK/NO buttons).

ZA is the simplest and lightest out there, after considering all angles...

Been on ZoneAlarm SecuritySuite 5.5.x since many months now.

Its firewall, antivirus, chat security, data securer, etc. etc...

All in one very light package. Kicked out Norton AntiVirus since ZA-SS does the job better and faster!

No problems with it at all! Best part being, it can be newbie-friendly, and also expert-configurable, at the same time.