autologoncount = 1, for different admin acct?

is it possible to do an "autologoncount=1" for an administrative account other than administrator?

i've created a new account called "root" (so now i have two admin accts).

i would like the autologon=1, autologoncount-1 to apply to the "root" account, not the administrator account.

so... i want the following to just happen once. as it is now, autologon is on permenantly.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DefaultUserName"="root"
"DefaultPassword"="asdf1234"
"AutoAdminLogon"="1"

Edited by 1boredguy

well... guess there is no real benefit, using another admin account other than admin. was just wondering about it.

it's just a "puzzle" for me. i can't solve it, so wonder if there's actually a reasonable solution.

:yes:

ok, i think i get it...

I have my Loacal default admin account, which i renamed... My admin account... auto logon... My wifes admin account (for networking).... I preset this enviorment for testing things at work... :D

Is any of this like what your wanting to accomplish? :huh:

ok, i think i get it...

I have my Loacal default admin account, which i renamed... My admin account... auto logon... My wifes admin account (for networking).... I preset this enviorment for testing things at work... :D

Is any of this like what your wanting to accomplish? :huh:

ah... so.

default admin = NO autologon. (never logs on)

newly created admin = YES autologon.

thanks.

Just trying to get this straight...

----winnt.sif:

AutoLogon Configures the computer to log on once with the Administrator account.

AutoLogonCount Specifies the number of times that the computer automatically logs on with the specified Administrator account and password.

----HKLM //// logon:

AutoAdminLogon = 1

I'm pretty sure this means always logon the DefaultUserName user (if the user is an administrator)

Just trying to get this straight...

----winnt.sif:

AutoLogon Configures the computer to log on once with the Administrator account.

AutoLogonCount Specifies the number of times that the computer automatically logs on with the specified Administrator account and password.

----HKLM //// logon:

AutoAdminLogon = 1

I'm pretty sure this means always logon the DefaultUserName user (if the user is an administrator)

exactly mraeryceos,

so... what i wanted to find out is... is there a way to use a different Administrative account with AutoLogon & AutoLogonCount.

the reason behind this... i guess... so the default Administrator account is never logged into.

• 2 months later...

I believe you need to change

GuiUnattended]AutoLogon = Yes

AutoLogonCount = 1

Yes to No.. this disables the auto logon to the default admin account... Ive just spent ages trying to do this myself, and succeded!!!! :D

Edited by drscouse