Burning Music "weird Problem"

XPerties

ok I have burnt a million cd's so Im missing a new feature some where in nero. Im trying to burn music and all files are mp3's. Everytime I burn them the files are converted to .cda files. Its driving me nuts. Im using nero. ANyone seen this or heard about it?

BTW new install of nero v 5.5.10

ok I did that and found out my woman wasnt crazy. She said when she burnt the disk they would only play every other song and sure enough thats what happening. I burnt 10 songs for a test and they play track 2,4,6,8,10 and thats it. Any thiing else?

Is there dual lasers on this that write to a disk, maybe the drive has gone bad? any other suggestions?

I haven't used it myself,but have you tried the nero MP3 plugin.

It encodes other formats to mp3, but also records them on an audio cd as mp3's as well.

MP3 Decoding

With Nero's MP3 Plug-in, it's easy to create your own standard CDs from MP3 soundfiles.

You don't need to pre-convert your MP3 files to WAV files. Nero can decode and burn MP3 files "on the fly"! (Note: Burning MP3 files requires at least a 100MHz Pentium system for 2X recording, and at least a 233MHz Pentium II for 4X. Faster systems can support up to 16X.). Your CD will then be playable on any standard CD player.

nero mp3 plugin

also make sure you record in "Track at once" not "disc at once"

Maybe im not understanding you correctly Rev...but does the plugin enable you to create MP# cds that are playable on standard nome Cd players?

the information on the plugin page as well as your explination have lead me to belive this....

whats up?

=Drew

Maybe im not understanding you correctly Rev...but does the plugin enable you to create MP# cds that are playable on standard nome Cd players?

To be honest Drew i've never used that plugin,so i can't verify whether it does or not.But having read through that nero MP3 plugin page,i presume it does.

It allows you to burn mp3's as an mp3 CD,without converting them to cda format.And you can then play them on a CD Player,as long as it is MP3 playback compatible.

I think :)

Drew, I doubt that a standard player will be able to read mp3 files, they are made to read normal cd's I tried something like this before, it was some encoder that made strange files with an .wav extension at the size of an mp3 the option was named like "wav encoding" or something like that. I burned bout 40 of them on a cd and it didnt work, normal cd players will just give u an error. Also, when you buy newer cd players it'll say that it has an mp3 encoder in it or whatever so I guess it needs that in order to play mp3's....

Xperties - I just did a clean install of Nero 5.5.10 and burned 2 "Audio CD's" by selecting Create New CD -> Audio CD then drag and dropped 15 MP3 files into the project. As each one was dropped - Nero popped up a window saying "Analyzing file" -- Never saw an error or anything. Then when I had a CD full of songs - hit burn (my burner supports 12x burning) and about 10 minutes later it was done. It works fine on all tracks. I am saying this because I think you may have a burner issue. Try making an image of the disk - then burning that. You may be having buffer problems. Or as suggested above - lower the burn speed in Nero. Keep us posted

LS_Dragons

also make sure you record in "Track at once" not "disc at once"

well guys even the smart ones have brain farts...I was missing this the entire time. I changed it and now it burns fine. Completely slipped my mind. thanks guys ! :):rolleyes: