Spots on a TFT Monitor

XPero

Hi all. My girlfriend has a problem with her tft screen. When scrolling pages with images (for example in deviantart) or editing an image with Photoshop, strange little spots (pink and green) appear in the screen. I've tried to change the refresh rate, but the problem is still there. I've updated her nvidia geforce drivers also, but no fix for that. Do you know what is the reason for that? any solution? Thanks

XPero

Edited by XPero

i wouldn't worry about it. heck, some people pay good money to see pink and green spots :)

ok... are the spots in the images only, outside, or both?

what OS?

how large are the spots? (dead pixals perhaps?)

Edited by atomizer

Those would be dead/stuck pixels: a manufacturing defect. Depending on how many there are you could try for a warranty replacement. Each manufacturer has a different threshold of the number you must see before authorising a return.

couple things to try...

a different monitor

omega driver

a different video card, if you have one

i've not seen anything like that, though i have had major problems that were due to drives and installing a newer driver will not necessarily cure the problem. you could also try installing an older driver (older than the the last one you used). how long has she had the problem? try to remember when/what may have caused it.

no way there are that mny deady pixels. did u try gaming? if so then do u still get those spots? and try a different driver, update urs from the manufacturers site, if that doesnt work then use omega

hey xpero..try this app out bud...it does tests on tft/lcd screens to see if any pixels is being shady....try it on all colour modes and u will see if any pixels is being a hero....cheers, at least u will know if its a monitor fault, i use it on laptops regular

Edited by trickytwista