Why is my audio volume controlled w/wave slider

eyeXpose

:huh:

I don't know what I mess with but now when I adjust my volume for any media, I have to use the wave slider. I believe this is not correct, and it should be the volume controll slider. If I am wrong, please just laugh and point at the fool writting this post.

Thanks in advance,

eYe~

Asus k8n

Amd64 3000+

Ati AIW 9600xt pro

Kingston pc3200 512mb

Maxtor 250gb Sata

WD 160gb

WD 80gb

Ac 97' using optical out to Bose home sys

Dvd+-rw rom drive

its tuff trying to understand what u said but this is what i got out of it

to adjust the volume u have to use the little icon on the bottom of the screen by the clock and u cannot use the slider that is on the speaker itself?

sorry, thought I was pretty clear on what is happening. My problem is in the audio properties/volume controll (where all of the audio adjustment sliders are wave, sw synth, cd player, line in). The wave slider is the only one that will adjust my volume. The main volume control does not work at all! I also noticed that music sounds like crap. Could this be a problem with not using the right codec. I have not had this problem until a few days ago. Not really changed anything that I know of.

okay, i understand now, did u try putting every slider(except microphone) half way? the 1st slider is the only one that is suppose to make a "real" difference, also update ur audio driver