Windows 2003 Memory Controller On XP?

hoak

Well if it doesn't work, then I doubt that your computer will go smoother and faster. Of course, human perception might lead you to believe it is. But here is my proof that the memory manager resides in the kernel file, not the boot files:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/kerne...rnel.mspx#EDLAC

I seriously cannot understand why the work of an unknown Polish guy with absolutely nothing to back his tweak up can enthrall all these people. To further support my claims, I found the exact functions of the two files:

Reads the Boot.ini file, presents the boot menu, and loads Ntoskrnl.exe, Bootvid.dll, Hal.dll, and boot-start device drivers.
After the boot selection is made, Ntldr loads and executes this 16-bit real-mode program to query the computer for basic device and configuration information. This information includes the following:

• The time and date information stored in the system’s CMOS (nonvolatile memory).

• The types of buses (for example, ISA, PCI, EISA, Micro Channel Architecture [MCA]) on the system and identifiers for devices attached to the buses.

• The number, size, and type of disk drives on the system.

• The types of mouse input devices connected to the system.

• The number and type of parallel ports configured on the system.

Source: Microsoft

There's absolutely no mention of a memory manager :}. These files are strictly for booting purposes only. If you guys still don't believe me after such conclusive evidence, then I feel very sorry for you.