Windows 2003 Memory Controller On XP?

hoak

well just use the english version he made for us

its great, and he was very helpful

and im sure he wasn't a nub, since he did make his

and i think it wasn't just prefetch kicking in , rofl

Ok.. quick question... does this increase the idle RAM usage of the computer?

And, would running the program and unchecking all the boxes return the system to exactly how it was? I'd rather not apply a set of tweaks if I can't easily undo them.

Well I tried it. Dont really see a difference besides that fact that it complely screwed up all my tweaks. :(

Like it reset them all.

And how do i know if i am running the new memory manger? As it did was say all ok...

Edited by war59312

Ehm, ntldr and ntdetect, isn't that just part of the bootfiles for Windows, and has absolutely nothing to do with memory management, which should be a part of the kernel itself? So, doing what you are doing should do squat for the memory management in Windows XP.

Ehm, ntldr and ntdetect, isn't that just part of the bootfiles for Windows, and has absolutely nothing to do with memory management, which should be a part of the kernel itself? So, doing what you are doing should do squat for the memory management in Windows XP.

I also thought of that..

Ntdetect & ntldr,  arent those files for booting only?

Or am I wrong:P

True.. boot look at what ntldr (nt loader) is loading (ntkrnlpa.exe)... If it can do a better job of getting windows up, windows (in this case atleast) can probaly run better/faster.

As I stated in a earlier post, I remember reading about trying this with nt4 using 2k files a some time ago. Took a little more work back then as I think you had to start a win2k install to get not just the files on the drive, but have it make some change to the boot sector of the drive.

If only we could use some other major files out of 2k3 in xp.. Like the kernel perhaps. :rolleyes:

:whistle:

Well I tried it. Dont really see a difference besides that fact that it complely screwed up all my tweaks. :(

Like it reset them all.

And how do i know if i am running the new memory manger? As it did was say all ok...

I have the same experience. my logonui was reset to default and so on...

As I examined what the tweaker does it only alocate more memory for the kernel so more space for caching a smoother loading of progies that uses kernel function.

Maybe the tweaker could be some sort of "screw-my-system_ware"

If it would be april then I would say a April joke but it isn't.

I would say this:

ntdetect is only for preinitializing and do some hardware detection (when i look with a hex viewer into it then on the end I see this: NOIRQSCAN NOIRQROUTING PCIENUM RDBUILD NOLEGACY FASTDETECT NOSERIALMICE NOSERIALMICE AT/AT COMPATIBLE PCI BIOS PCI Real-mode IRQ Routing Table PCI PCI Devices APM PNP BIOS Docking State Information EISA ISA ACPI BIOS UNKNOWN_KEYBOARD OLI_83KEY OLI_102KEY OLI_86KEY OLI_A101_102KEY XT_83KEY ATT_302 PCAT_ENHANCED PCAT_86KEY PCXT_84KEY COM PARALLEL UNKNOWN NO MOUSE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT BALLPOINT LOGITECH PS2 MOUSE SERIAL MOUSE INPORT MOUSE BUS MOUSE PS2 MOUSE WITH WHEEL SERIAL MOUSE WITH WHEEL 1234567890 QWERTYUIOP ASDFGHJKL ZXCVBNM FLOPPYx OSDISKx DETLOG1 PcCardController)

and

ntldr is the same but it it loads some kernel files and so around starting.

so what files are needed for intergrating it?

and btw, you all need to stop flaming and saying things do not work

!!!UNLESS YOU TEST IT YOURSELF!!!!

bigest problem ive been noticing with msfn forum's lately is people acting like know it alls just cause there working on a project of there own in these forums

@ageis , unlike your project, something thats has absolutly no appeal to me or many others even with 27MB commit change, i can do that myself, with xp and themes still on, this has alot of appeal to me

you made this new guy here run away before any of use could even try to intergrate this into our windows,

and there was a few of us wanting this, even if you think it does nothing

I NOTICED IMPROVEMENTS

and now, all i can say is, maybe he'll be willing to come back here

edit -------- for the intergration topic

i have sucessfully intergrated those two files into my xp, i took newer ones from xp 64 bit,

@Piterniel what registry settings will i need to add to get the improvements like your program?

Edited by gdogg

@gdogg

Good point.. The guy made a worthy (more then myself or others here could write) program.. I have seen all the tweaks in it before and most are already set to my liking in my setup cd instead of having to set them after the isntall is done. And the ntldr and ntdetect.com change does have some effect.. I see it varying from program to program and from machine to machine.. But something is different on every machine after I change these files. It may not be dramatic for everyone or even anyone.. But considering I see no side effects and the relatively small effort to put it into a setup cd (and a running copy of windows).. Why not give it a try I suppose...

Like it reset them all.

I have the same experience. my logonui was reset to default and so on...

As I examined what the tweaker does it only alocate more memory for the kernel so more space for caching a smoother loading of progies that uses kernel function.

Maybe the tweaker could be some sort of "screw-my-system_ware"

If it would be april then I would say a April joke but it isn't.

I would say this:

ntdetect is only for preinitializing and do some hardware detection (when i look with a hex viewer into it then on the end I see this: NOIRQSCAN NOIRQROUTING PCIENUM RDBUILD NOLEGACY FASTDETECT NOSERIALMICE NOSERIALMICE AT/AT COMPATIBLE PCI BIOS PCI Real-mode IRQ Routing Table PCI PCI Devices APM PNP BIOS Docking State Information EISA ISA ACPI BIOS UNKNOWN_KEYBOARD OLI_83KEY OLI_102KEY OLI_86KEY OLI_A101_102KEY XT_83KEY ATT_302 PCAT_ENHANCED PCAT_86KEY PCXT_84KEY COM PARALLEL UNKNOWN NO MOUSE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT BALLPOINT LOGITECH PS2 MOUSE SERIAL MOUSE INPORT MOUSE BUS MOUSE PS2 MOUSE WITH WHEEL SERIAL MOUSE WITH WHEEL 1234567890 QWERTYUIOP ASDFGHJKL ZXCVBNM FLOPPYx OSDISKx DETLOG1 PcCardController)

and

ntldr is the same but it it loads some kernel files and so around starting.

Should have added this to the other post.. Too late..

Anyway, I would have probally decided on calling it something different then "Memory Controller" as I too think this would be more like being able to change out the kernel. If I see huge improvement or not, as long as it doesnt slow it down or cause problems, I will probaly try it out for a while.

flaming? no testing?

oh come on guys I wouldn't say something that I have not tested!!!!

my conclusion?

NO IMPROVEMENTS, SCRAMBLED MY INSTALLATION A BIT (tweaks reset and logonui reset to default)

maybe if you read my posts a little bit more then you would realize that I have tested it and only giving my experience and investigations about this little tweaker.

I though that for this kind of post are forums for and when I give my experience to other so I'm a FLAMER? :angry:

Edited by tester_pedro

@tester_pedro

Please dont be angry at all.. Notice I didnt call you a flamer.. I see the changes with some apps on some machines and not others.. I dont see any negative side effect.. But, I only applied the changed files.. I did not apply any of the tweaks in the program as I anticipated it might change settings I didnt want messed with. Some of the tweaks in the program are great but I dont think it checks the initial state (if the tweak has already been applied by other means) so we get what happened in your case and probaly someone else even.

So, its cool B)

Right?