Posted 3 times still no answers or replys?

I love this site and i always seem to get very quick responces and very helpfull answers, by far the brains from people that belong to this forum blow every other form that ive belonged to away easily ! ! I am having some trouble understanding why nobody wants to reply to this particular question though. I have posted this question 3 times on different times and nothing, not one reply?? am i missing something ?? IS this a dumb question is that why nobody replys?? I highly doubt that I stumped everyone in this forum. I am so close to completing my cd and this one thing is KILLING ME !! please help !! Here is the original question

For some reason after i slipstreamed service pack 2 into my I386 folder now everytime i goto install the o.s i get an errorin the dos portion of the XP setup that says

Setup can not copy the file: svcpack.dll

to retry press enter.... esc. to ski..blah blah

Do I even need this file ?

I tried searching the msfn forums and the only thing that was sort of realated was someone talking about this happining with Dell Oem cds which i am using(but no solution) Does anyone know about this issue?

Also i noticed that the file svcpack.dll is not in my I386 directory.. Now i know that is probably why it can not copy it because its not there but i thought durring the installation process the files get extracted from cabs then copied confused.gif Well if i do need this file how can i get the correct svcpack.dll for SP2?? I want to get this fixed because it makes my whole project non automatic, because i have to hit (esc,Enter..) in order for the setup to continue. I dont mind skipping the file because it works fine without it as far as i can see. can i automate skipping files ?

Any solutions ?

I don't use dell stuff ...but never had the problem you have....give detail how you are slipstreamed...have you redownloaded the sp2 ? maybe a bad file....does your win xp install fine before slipstreaming?

if a dell cd did you contact dell to see what they say?

did you do a search google for that dll?

just some things to check

more stuff to check

do you have this file in the root of the cd win51ip.SP2?

i386 files: sp2.cab,SP2.CAT,SVCPACK.DL_ and SVCPACK.IN_

this also listed in the dosnet.inf file in the i386 folder the line states

d1,svcpack.dll

d1,svcpack.inf

i'm not sure if removing the svpack.dll from the inf file will help, but could and use vpc to see...

Edited by Tbone2

For some reason I tried the Google Gods and they could not find much on this particular problem either, that is usually the first thing that i check. I have got my XPCD to work perfectly fine without the service pack 2. After i Silpstreamed exactly the way that the Msfn unattended install guide told me too. I even started my whole CD over again to make sure i wasnt doing anything wrong and i still get the same problem. The only thing that i did differently was that i did not install the SP2 hotfixes because i could not get them to download from microsft for some strange reason. So i figured i will leave them out and install them later. I tried to contact Dell about the problem but they told me that they do not support cusotmizing windows, slipstreaming or anything of that nature,(that basicly means that they dont know jack Sh#$). In desperation i even tried creating a blank svcpack.dll file into the I386 folder thinking that maybee windows will just copy the blank file and not prompting me to skip,cancle but no dice, still got the exact same error. Thank you so much for the responce I dont feel so abandoned now!

I do have the win51ip.SP2 in the root of the CD

SP2.CAT & SVCPACK.IN_ I do have in I386

sp2.cab & SVCPACK.DL_ I don not have in I386 ??

Svcpack.dl_ sounds like the one that windows is yelling about. Is it safe to try to find a copy of it and just copy it in there ?

if you don't have sp2.cab then sp2 is not intergraded correct start with a clean winxp and redowmload the sp2

one other thing when you install just the xpcd without sp2 you said it worked....are you then able to use windows update to install sp2?

Edited by Tbone2

I've had similar problems before. I don't know why it happends, but sometimes something gets screwed and the slipstreaming procedure failes to do it correctly which results in this kind of errors. Have you tried using nlite to integrate SP2?

Edited by Marthax

Well Anyways I RE Slipstremed sp2 and now some of the files that i mentioned before that was missing in the I386 folder is now there

sp2.cab decided to show up in the I386 folder now ! However SVCPACK.DL_ is still out to lunch and is not showing up in I386. I think that it is the SVCPACK.DL_ that is giving me the problem so let me try to slipstream one more time and see what happens