1. download WinDVD 7 from Here

2. extract WinDVD7.exe with WinRar to C:\WinDVD7

3. delete file setup.iss from the folder C:\WinDVD7

4. press START } RUN & in the RUN box copy/past

C:\windvd7\setup.exe /r /sms /f1"c:\WinDVD7\setup.iss"

5. now you can install it silently from RunOnceEx with

"%CDROM%\Software\WinDVD7\Setup.exe /s /sms /f2"C:\WinDVD.log"" /f

"note: you can replace C:\WinDVD.log with your own log file directory"

6. to get registration info, register, activate the program & export this reg key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GPI]

now you can use it in your silent installations.

7. to remove registration dialog import this into registry

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InterVideo\Common\Registered]

"55r"=dword:ffffffff

8. to prevent Win Cinema Manager from startup open the file Default.ini located in folder, find WinCinemaMgr key & replace

DisableWinCinemaMgr=0

with

DisableWinCinemaMgr=1

9. if you do not want to install InterActual Components replace

NoIA=0

with

NoIA=1

10. if you want to skip the windows that allows you to download RealPlayer, QuickTime & Windows Media 10 replace

NoRealPlayer=0

NoQuickTime=0

NoWMP=0

with

NoRealPlayer=1

NoQuickTime=1

NoWMP=1

11. if you do not want to use online check about new updates & patches at startup replace

InstallOnlineUpdateAgent=1

with

InstallOnlineUpdateAgent=0

12. additionally you can free up about 7mb by removing components from "3rdPartyApp" folder. so you can easily remove "GoogleDesktopSearch" "GoogleToolBar" and if you have "NoIA=1" in your Default.ini you can remove "InterActual" folder.

• 3 weeks later...

create with Notepad a file NameOfFile.reg or other name you want

and copy/paste that

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InterVideo\Common\Registered]
"55r"=dword:ffffffff

save it

and run it

attn : as silent install all works ok for me , but i use a borrowed key and after i activate winDVD i loose completely the sound ! tested in three different computers .

• 4 weeks later...

is it alright to actually add

"%systemdrive%\Software\WinDVD7\Setup.exe /s" /f

to the runonce, since i read that using that switch won't work unless it's running off the HDD. i've running it just as described from my computer and it installs silently to my requirements. anyone have any problems with it not installing from the CD/DVD?

no, i don't. installing always from the dvd with method described above. this is my RunOnceEx file

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "Intervideo WinDVD Platinum 7" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Audio\WinDVD\Setup.exe /s /sms /f2"C:\Windows\WinDVD.log"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %CDROM%\Software\Audio\WinDVD\WinDVD.reg" /f

ok. but if you use ....."%systemdrive%\Software\WinDVD7\Setup.exe /s" /f doesn't that mean runonce will put the files on the hard drive first before installing them to the desired location?

if you run silent installshield installation it creates .log file on the disk you run from. so if you run installation from the CD/DVD it wants to create the file somewhere there, cannot do it, and gives a error. if you run from HD you probably don't need to point where to create .log file. i did not try because i always run installs from the CD/DVD.

sorry for my bad english

i understand you perfectly. what you're saying is that if you use the %CDROM% command then everything will be installed from the disc, this is what you do and i agree it's one method. however i read elsewhere on here that if you use the %systemdrive% command it dumps the entire install folder into a temp folder/area on the HDD and installs from there then you use the cleanup.cmd to get rid of the install folder....anyone else agree/disagree?