How To implement registry tweaks

Thank you so much for this board its been a great help using the answers supplied to help me with software distribution.

just searching has fixed a few minor problems - Thank you

Just one thing, the registry tweaks look fantastic but i am unable to find after a hour or so of searching, How to put them in my install.

Where do i put the .reg file does it have to be called something in order for my unattended install to find it?

Currently we use symantecs ON ICommand software distribution product but basicaly the windows setup is just and unattended one.

Thank you very much in advance for taking a look at my post and possibly taking the time to help me.

Kind Regards

Allanv

If you're installing other software on your UACD, you can put the following line at the very end to apply your regtweaks.

REGEDIT /S <path to regfile>

Just execute that command just like you would an installer.

Hope this helps!

cmdlines.txt in your $oem$ directory. The first line of this file must be [COMMANDS]

[COMMANDS]

"REGEDIT /S HKCU.reg"

"REGEDIT /S SetExplorer.reg"

"REGEDIT /S SetQuicklaunch.reg"

"InstallApps.cmd"

Thank you, i did have that in my file and in that dir.

Do i need to alter the unattend.txt to either point to that file or something else.

sorry i have searched and i cannot find what i am looking for.

Regards

Allanv

Thank you, i dont have a winnt.sif file the software distribution uses a different type of script, it will process the unattend.txt file though.

apart from some cosmetic registry entries what i am trying to do is get a reg key inserted before the first logon, the reason is that the SD client cannot bypass our legal notice, so i was given a reg key to enter. the other reg keys can be scripted once the install has finished.

So the real question is how do i insert a reg key before windows finishes building and before it tryed to login

thanks for you time and help

Regards

Allanv

Well, the answer is cmdlines again :)

However you could AFAIK use regedit etc... You must either copy regedit to directory with cmdlines, or provide full path.

Using unattend.txt is the same, only different name (I am using unattend.txt)

AH i see where i was going wrong. Thank you

the way the system is setup it is a network share on a CCM server, so the dir looks like

winxpro.051\1\i386

so i created a $OEM$ folder and put the cmdlines into it, but because the actual share is called R1st_20 then the rest of the folders, i can see by putting the full unc path will work.

Thank you