Detailed office shrinkage method

hi all

thanks master_mtz for that guide

i've got my office xp shirinked to 200Mb including frontpage and excluding outlook .. now i'll make an sfx rar archive .. i've made my .mst file with the name Unattend.MST and now i have to questions .. should i include this file with my shirinked office before compression?

i think it's necessary to excute the command :

setup.exe TRANSFORMS="Unattend.MST" /qb-

am i right here?

second question is : does the command line to be excuted is written in right way here ?

thanks in advance

best regards

sawwa7

if you will make an sfx rar archive and your office now about 200m

use this

Path=%systemdrive%\Offtmp
SavePath
Setup=%systemdrive%\Offtmp\setup.exe /i proplus.MSI /t %systemdrive%\Offtmp\Unattend.MST /qb- ALLUSERS=2 CDCACHE=auto
Silent=2
Overwrite=1
Title=Microsoft Office Installation

and look at tom this My Webpage My Webpage

your copy will be 85M

that's all

Ok so I have my shrinked Office2003 now for a while... it was a hell making it work... after that a hell making it install at T12... But it works great now!

BUT When I start MS Excel... I get the following message: "MS Excel requires VBA-macrolanguage support to complete this action, do you want to install it now?"

Also when I open some excel files... it wants to install this but ofcourse can't find the installation files..

Now I thought about figuring out what files are needed... and adding them to a sfx archive...

Perhaps it is also possible to edit the .MST file??

sawwa7

if you will make an sfx rar archive and your office now about 200m

use this

Path=%systemdrive%\Offtmp
SavePath
Setup=%systemdrive%\Offtmp\setup.exe /i proplus.MSI /t %systemdrive%\Offtmp\Unattend.MST /qb- ALLUSERS=2 CDCACHE=auto
Silent=2
Overwrite=1
Title=Microsoft Office Installation

and look at tom this  My Webpage  My Webpage

your copy will be  85M

that's all

hello inteeer

thanks for replying me , but it was late :)

i've already made my shrinked office xp professional including Word,Excel,Access,PowerPoint and FrontPage while excluding the MS outlook which i don't really care about using it :)

i got a problem wasting much of the time using version of shrinker that has bugs , when i got the good version it worked great for me and i got shrinked office in rar archived with normal compression to save some time as the space was very reasonable and finally i got it 82MB .. i've already tested it working fine .

thanks alot for trying help me and i'll try ur comments next time

all the best of luck

regards

@sawwa7 you don't need Authenticity report and Recovery report for your RAR sfx! This could save 1-10%

Ok so I have my shrinked Office2003 now for a while... it was a hell making it work... after that a hell making it install at T12... But it works great now!

BUT When I start MS Excel... I get the following message: "MS Excel requires VBA-macrolanguage support to complete this action, do you want to install it now?"

Also when I open some excel files... it wants to install this but ofcourse can't find the installation files..

Now I thought about figuring out what files are needed... and adding them to a sfx archive...

Perhaps it is also possible to edit the .MST file??

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...