Virus trying to get it

I keep getting "attacked" with the LovaSan and most recently the LSASS Exploit.

It's weird cause it all of a sudden happened, and Kaspersky is telling me it's rejected it, which is great. My question is this:

It tells me the IP Address, is there any way i can find out where, or who it's coming from?

Because the LoveSan is a mass-mailing virus, i thought maybe i can see if some friends are sending it out.

I changed my Kaspersky settings to stealth, and to block the system that sends the virus for 60 minutes, and so far i haven't been hit. My system is up to date, and i have done 2 virus checks, so i seem to be good, I am just trying to see if i can see where it's coming from, with only the IP address.

I am sure it just keeps changing itself so it's impossible, but i thought iwould ask.

thanks for any help.

Fleming

I keep getting "attacked" with the LovaSan and most recently the LSASS Exploit.

It's weird cause it all of a sudden happened, and Kaspersky is telling me it's rejected it, which is great. My question is this:

It tells me the IP Address, is there any way i can find out where, or who it's coming from?

Because the LoveSan is a mass-mailing virus, i thought maybe i can see if some friends are sending it out.

I changed my Kaspersky settings to stealth, and to block the system that sends the virus for 60 minutes, and so far  i haven't been hit. My system is up to date, and i have done 2 virus checks, so i seem to be good, I am just trying to see if i can see where it's coming from, with only the IP address.

I am sure it just keeps changing itself so it's impossible, but i thought iwould ask.

thanks for any help.

Fleming

You can try plugging the IP addy into www.samspade.org, but I doubt anything will come of it, just because ISPs really don't care about that kind of thing...

Tools like Visual Route can help you figure out where in the world they are coming from.

online tool Hexillian is usefull for finding out domain information i.e. ISP info, who owns the IP, who to send abuse reports to etc. Or try SamSpade same again just different layout, they also have a tool you can download