Whats The best download manager

Nerwin

Internet Download Manager is the best for me. It has integration in ANY browser, without installing plugins. IDM can accelerate your downloads without using many connection like a Flashget. No spyware, no adware. Scheduler, multilanguage interface, easy.

www.internetdownloadmanager.com

Opera's download manager works fine for me...

See these aren't the type of ?s where everyone says the same thing. You just have to try different programs out... but the top browsers nowadays have good built-in managers for the downloads. Opera's is better than Firefox's, though... but I don't know about the extensions that act for that purpose...

i like flashget my self its fast and easy

Flashget has spyware, many anti-spyware programs detect it (spybot, ms anti-spyware and etc). There are better download managers, beliеve me! :)

True but wich is better ? Flashget may use referer for download, wich other progz may do that ? FOr the spyware with a little imagination you can get rid of it...

If u like Flashget and dont want all the spyware and otehr crap that comes with it then Free Download Manager is the choice one to get. ive been using it for along time now and like it very much

www.freedownloadmanager.org

simonsays mentioned Net Transport, another like that is HiDownload, also not free. Leechget is very nice, and has a free personal edition.

There are two free and open source download manager that i know of:TrueDownloader and Wackget . Both are worth looking at.

There also is a Firefox extension called FlashGot (not FlashGet) which is a great way to use a download manager with Firefox.

Edited by DigeratiPrime

If u like Flashget and dont want all the spyware and otehr crap that comes with it then Free Download Manager is the choice one to get

That used to be true in Free Download Manager 1.5.

In 1.7 they added an annoying banner and in 1.8 it now sends out unauthorized TCP packets.

I'm still looking for a good alternative :(

Maybe you people should look toward metaproducts' download express which is quite alright and free for personal use - and - most importantly - contains no spy- or adware. Quite a good download manager considering it's freeware ...

I had run that for a while and in using it for large files, it would lock up my computer. Don't know what the problem was but I quit using it. Just started using Leechget. Not used it enough to make a call yet.

DL