[OemInfFiles]

I don't get it, this just doesn't work. I tried it again on x64 and followed the directions in your first post EXACTLY. Then when windows is first starting up (press F6 to install RAID drivers, etc.) that part of the install, it says "cannot find nvatax64.sys, press any key to restart your computer"

I don't get it, this just doesn't work. I tried it again on x64 and followed the directions in your first post EXACTLY. Then when windows is first starting up (press F6 to install RAID drivers, etc.) that part of the install, it says "cannot find nvatax64.sys, press any key to restart your computer"

Did you copy nvatax64.sys to the AMD64 dir?

No I did not because I didn't see where it said to do that. Anyways I tried yet again this time I did like the last post where you pub sataraid folder into $1\DRIVERS\ instead of OEMDIR, on x64 this time and it worked. So I guess I did something wrong for x86 before and the first post method doesn't work at all for 6.66 drivers.

I guess it doesn't exactlly tell you too, but these lines in

txtsetup.sif are telling setup to copy these files from the

AMD64 folder on your cd to winddows\system32\drivers on your

drive. Also the first post references Green Machines page which

does tell you to copy the files. But green machines is for 32bit xp so

you have to make some adjustments for 64but xp. like using amd64 inplace

of i386.

[SourceDisksFiles]
nvatax64.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1
nvrdx64.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

Well I don't see why phreeze would explain each step but then leave one out. I mean usually when people post how to do something they say how to do it all instead of leaving out an entire critical step. I guess that's what confused me. Luckily this last time I followed the directions in his posting on the 2nd page which had the extra instuctions so it worked. :o

• 1 month later...

Hi @ll - i'm reading any forum i find speaking about this xp64 nvraid driver issue.

In fact this OemInfFiles method seems to work (as far as i've read) but i'm asking myself (before beginning testing), does this method interfere with already existing OemPnPDriversPath entries in the winnt.sif ?? Does Windows still recognize other Hardware with the drivers included in OemPnPDriversPath ??

Thx for replies