Directx 9.0c depending games Don't work;WIN2k3SP1

hi

weird problem; Ijust installed 2K3 Standard slipstreamed with SP1 mannually by me

Directx version(Dxdiag)is 9.0c,however,3d Games won't work like FIFA 2005

btw,games worked fine on 2K3 NO SP.

tried to install DX9.0C again but in vain

can anybody help me with this?

one more note,might be helpful

FIFA Info tool told me there is DX 6.0 not 9.0 as needed

same with the game (Alien Sky) said it need DX installed

I am in a mess... DX9.0C in 2K3SP1 is the Latest of all packaged versions for OS,yet can't play Fifa or new games

• 1 month later...
yes and also tuned on hardware acceleration to max as usual with my 2k3 config

but SP1 is the only change here....

Is there a way to play such games after installing 2K3 SP1???

it happen to me before on Rise Of Nation the only thing is you can do is uninstalled the DX9.0c of win2k3 and install the DX9.0c for XP and it will work perfectly.

• 3 months later...

WS2k3-SP1 has an old version of DirectX 9.0c.

You probably need the october refresh of 9c.

The SP1 doesn't have anything to do with this, by itself.

This re-release is required for many new games, like NFS-mostwanted, FIFA-2006, F.E.A.R, etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

This download provides the DirectX 9.0c end-user multi-languaged redistributable that developers can include with their product. The redistributable license agreement covers the terms under which developers may use the Redistributable. For full details please review the DirectX SDK EULA.txt and DirectX Redist.txt files located in the license directory.

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows 2000 Advanced Server; Windows 2000 Professional Edition ; Windows 2000 Server; Windows 2000 Service Pack 2; Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows 98; Windows 98 Second Edition; Windows ME; Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Server 2003, Datacenter x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition; Windows Small Business Server 2003 ; Windows XP; Windows XP 64-bit; Windows XP Home Edition ; Windows XP Home Edition N; Windows XP Media Center Edition; Windows XP Professional Edition ; Windows XP Professional N; Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Starter Edition; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

Download:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/d...5sdk_redist.exe

(32.6 MB)