UA Registry Tweakage DOTNET (0.4 Released)

Hi,

I really like this tweaker. Since I'm new to it a couple of questions: Most tweaking programs have tweaks like disabling DOS files names and unloading of DLLs. This one doesn't as far as I can see unless they are present but described differently in this program. Are tweaks left out of this program considered unsafe and therefore not included, or are they simply not considered important?

I would really like to depend on one tweaking program. This one seems that it could be it, so I would like to know how complete it is.

//Christian

The tweaks you are referring to have being discussed and they are pointless, one of the tweaks you have mentioned "unloading of DLLs" is a pointless tweak which does nothing therefore they have being removed. Also tweaks which cause harm and have no significant changes have being removed to stop users causing harm to there system. The reason this app runs in a thread is mainly for the feedback and a number of members helped me clear these tweaks up, also some of them where default in xp so it was pointless tweaking something already set.

Hope this clears things up for you, feel free to bring up anymore issues if you have any.

thx

Mike

The tweaks you are referring to have being discussed and they are pointless, one of the tweaks you have mentioned "unloading of DLLs" is a pointless tweak which does nothing therefore they have being removed. Also tweaks which cause harm and have no significant changes have being removed to stop users causing harm to there system. The reason this app runs in a thread is mainly for the feedback and a number of members helped me clear these tweaks up, also some of them where default in xp so it was pointless tweaking something already set.

Hope this clears things up for you, feel free to bring up anymore issues if you have any.

thx

Mike

Sure clears things up! I'm really impressed with the program even though it's not for Windows novices. I have dumped all other tweakers for this one.

//Christian

Edited by cdysthe

Hi,

One tweak I can't get to work is the "Disable ALL Balloon Tips" one. I have it checked, but have annoying balloon tips popping up all over the place... :)

//Christian

Edited by cdysthe

the program give me this tweak:

; Speed-Up Access To AVI Media Files
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}]]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}\InProcServer32]

but isnt there a "]" to much in the end of code line 1???

i used tweakage.net beta 0.4 (latest one so far)

Thanx for a great proggie! :D

No problem Mike :)

btw will the next version be packed with tons of new tweaks or just a bugfixed version?

hopfully both ofcourse :) but sense i have learned that you can´t have it all in life i thought id ask! hehe

Thanx again for a nice development

If people keep on supplying new tweaks then yea, there will be some new tweaks and some bug fixes :). It is very hard to code such a program with the vastness of tweaks this program has and be no typos/small bugs. The way I coded 0.4 helped me alot for future development. At the moment im looking into .inf files but with the way the tweak database is coded inside the program its proving to be abit of a pain so ill see if its worth it.

But simple answer to your question is, there will be tweaks if people provide them or highlight them to me and yes there will be bug fixes.