Driver Signing policy

My winnt.sif contains DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore, but when installation is complete the Windows Driver Signing is set to ask what to do in case of a non signed driver.

I found this can be "fixed" with the following reg key.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing]
"Policy"=hex:00

Will it work applying this from cmdlines.txt, at that early stage? And does DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore in winnt.sif not work, or is this only for OemPnPDriversPath?

Im also installing some drivers from WPI, so Driver Signing should be off at least at WPI stage, and maybe turned back on at cleanup after WPI?

Will it work applying this from cmdlines.txt, at that early stage?
I apply the tweak at that point and it works great for me.
And does DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore in winnt.sif not work, or is this only for OemPnPDriversPath?
THE GUIDE notes that the winnt.sif entry "DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore" is likely buggy, and that is my experience as well. I rely on neither, trying instead to use WHQL certified drivers wherever possible.

WHQL certified drivers wherever possible.
sometimes just not possible.

I modify the I386\HIVESFT.inf, search for

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing

replace with

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing","Policy",0x00000001,00

I also add the reg entry here that run's with cmdlines in the GuiUnattended as DrvSign.cmd

I don't know how this will affect the WPI, this will be applied to all. You could import that reg thing in cleanup.cmd or perhap's add a REG ADD that applies at next boot, I do that with bthe Fonts to open font folder to register fonts on reboot..

Edited by maxXPsoft

I do both BoardBabe, work's for me with my UnattendXP app

I found applying both makes it stick, sorta like the Quick Launch things I have and want

Whatever make's it work...

Edited by maxXPsoft