Viable Alternative?

Drgnfyre

XPCreate appears to be dead. :( Does anyone have a suggestion on a viable alternative? I love how Alanoll is offering an 'alternative' method to get the new XPCREATE, but the impression I get is that there will be no future support for this (given how hard it is to get a free license and the fact that even commercial license requests are being ignored).

I was looking at possible nlite. Ideally I'd like something that does the windows install, and gets all the patches installed. It doesn't necessarily have to be slipstreamed like XPCreate's is.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

i use nlite now, however i am awaiting the next version, few bug fixes hopefully

i use it to integrate hotfixes only though, no apps, so i dont really know how well it does, or if it all, for stuff like media player, etc

• 1 month later...

HFSLIP: Your alternative.

"Windows2000: Slipstreams IE6SP1, DX9C, OE6, WAB6, IE6 type 1 and type 2 hotfixes, W2K type 1 and type 2 hotfixes, MSI type hotfixes, and the MDAC update. Support is available if you wish to install the "recommended" but non-essential updates such as DirectX9C, WMP9 and DotNet."

"WindowsXP: Slipstreams Type 1 and Type 2 hotfixes, as well as MSI hotfixes. Also installs REG registry tweak files and silent installers such as DotNet, etc.

Visual guide for Windows 2000.

Edited by fdv

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like quite a few alternatives have sprung up since XPCREATE's inception nearly 2 years ago. Wonder where they all got their ideas ... Most also seem to be faster and create smaller Distribution Source. Take a look at the Member Contributed Projects Section of MSFN.

Of course, none has the integrity of XPCREATE, but that's another matter ...