How do you use autoit for unattended?

Revo

I was wondering I searched the forum a bit and am still quite confused. I wanted to know how exactly do you do uA installs on your uA xp cd. I think using autoit as I read. I tried a uA wmp10 but it failed horribly. so if anyone could help or shed some light thanks!

well its kinda simple just make the au3 file to your liking then, hit complie to turn it into a exe file then place the installer file in the same folder as the file youve created then,, call the created exe file that you just compiled and thats it

think of autoit as a macro

all u have to do is download or make your own if u know how.

u download a file called au3 or au2 depends.

then u use notepad to open the au3 or au2

edit the the filename if needed.

then google for autoit

download the latest version

install it

once installed

right click on the au3 or au2

select compile

your au3 or au2 will become "EXE"

drop it with the setup file.

oh so you add it like a patch or hotfix in nlite? I was reading up on autoIt it has a syntax very similar to that of Java and C/C++. Should be fairly simple for me to pick up and brushen up on my scripting. Thanks for the info

thanks for the links/info guys my real question is now that I got a grasp of autoIT how would I implement it for an unattended setup? Im not sure how to do that. Thanks

if you mean by impletment,, you mean to have it instal programs

youd just call the custom built , autoit file thats in exe form, and it will call to the program that you desire to instal it with its set of custom paremeters that you set..

hope thats what your asking..

you can call it in a batch, runonceex or wpi, or any method of your choice,, and also its syntax free

if you mean by impletment,, you mean  to have it instal programs

youd just call the custom built , autoit file thats in exe form, and it will call to the program that you desire to instal it with its set of custom paremeters that you set..

hope thats what your asking..

you can call it in a batch, runonceex or wpi, or any method of your choice,, and also its syntax free

Nice explanation, ya coulda been a tutor. :lol:

• 4 years later...

hello guys,

i have a script of auto it that i could compile it.. is for killing the windows New hardware wizard.. i'm getting this window with an unattended install at t-25 minutes of the installation.. i wonder how could i implement the exe compiled of auto it to kill the new hardware wizard window when missing 25 minutes of the installation?

My Best Regards