Help With Specs

BombaTwist

oh ok, anyways ive updated everything and please tell me if its good or not.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - OEM

PSU: Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550 EPS12V ATX12V 550W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, TUV, CB, FCC CLASS B, CUL - Retail

Mobo: REFURBISHED: ASUS A8V DELUXE Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro ATX AMD Motherboard - OEM

Memory/Ram: CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

Video Card: eVGA 128-A8-N350 Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail (Fine ill stop being cheap)

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380817AS 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

DVD Burner: REFURBISHED: SONY Black 16X DVD+R 4X DVD+RW 4X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner - OEM

Floppy: SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Model MPF920 Black - OEM

Fan Replacement for CPU: Thermaltake Silent Boost K8 80mm Ball Cooling Fan - Retail

Case: Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Its Going to take me forever to get about 900 bucks but how are the specs?

if you insist on getting an aftermarket fan for your mainboard CPU, then save a couple $$ and don't get a retail CPU. get the OEM instead. also (and maybe you already did this), from expierence, i'd suggest getting everything you can from ONE vendor and newegg is an outstanding choice.

but like if i want to upgrade my video card, dont i need a cpu of about 2.4 GHz if its very new like the GeForce 7800 GTX.

By the time you can afford that video card, a 2.4 GHz s939 CPU will be cheap. I havent read anything about needing a specific CPU for that card either. Where did you see this?

The Venice core overclocks very good :D. AGP is a good choice only if you don't plan on upgrading. Many cards that come in AGP and PCX flavors are identical except that AGP costs less. Socket 754 might also be a good choice, since AMD might base their future processors off of Turion, which is S754. As far as I can tell, your computer will be capable of playing all of the current games, but probably not future ones.

but like if i want to upgrade my video card, dont i need a cpu of about 2.4 GHz if its very new like the GeForce 7800 GTX.

ur right, with the 6800gt people with a 3000 noticed a difference in their benchmark tests and in performance when the upgraded to a 3500 or above

Well, you chose for 939 socket, but still want agp??? That's kinda contradicting, because in a year you'll barely find any agp cards anymore. And about ocing, I've got a 3500+, and I can run it easily @ 2.7Ghz (but I don't have a stock cooler, and havn't pushed it much yet). Since I have a winchester, and you're getting a Venice, you'll probably be able to get the same speeds. Only problem would be your lower multiplier.

Edited by djbe