RyanVm's Dotnetfx

TheeBeets

I downloaded the switchless version of Net Framework 1.1 from RyanVm's website, however upon instillation it still gives me the option "Do you wish to install Net. Framework" I dont want this I just want it to install and USSF cannot find a silent install. Could someone plz help me out.

I downloaded the switchless version of Net Framework 1.1 from RyanVm's website, however upon instillation it still gives me the option "Do you wish to install Net. Framework" I dont want this I just want it to install and USSF cannot find a silent install. Could someone plz help me out.

You're running the EXE without switches? I'm using the exact same EXE and it doesn't give any prompts...

You're running the EXE without switches? I'm using the exact same EXE and it doesn't give any prompts...

Yea this was a while ago I checked your site and noticed the update, however I was on about the last Framework 1.1 it gave me a prompt.

• 2 weeks later...
i dont think so. i installed and no prompt for the last and previous netfx packs from ryan.

I think so. I got the same thing as well. I just replaced an older version of the dotnetfx.exe with the new one (june 5th, I think) and now I'm getting all the prompts one would get on a manual install where it used to be unattended. Just checked his forum and there's no info on this issue yet.

Just tried to do a silent install on my main machine, and it bombs. There's something definitely something strange with this release...

the .NET FrameWork 2.0 Beta2 (from Visual Studio 2005 Beta2) is in the same format of .NET FrameWork 1.1 ... So you can use the officials switchs (I don't remember but Bi0haZarD says dotnetfx.exe /q:a /c:"install /l /q" .. try it .

Goodbye.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this thread :blushing:

I'm trying to use the above line for installing Framework Beta 2.0:

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D ".NET FrameWork 2.0 Beta 2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\dotnetfx.exe /q:a /c:"install /l /q"" /f

What am I doing wrong? Whenever I test it, it says it has too many parameters :(

Please help :yes:

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D ".NET FrameWork 2.0 Beta 2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\dotnetfx.exe /q:a /c:***\***"install /l /q***\***"" /f

I've put *** around the characters I've added to your example above, as I cant bold them within this code tag :(.

I cant remember in this coding way of things whether its a \ or a ^ (even ^^)

Try each one and post back which one (if any of them) works :)

Cheers

N.

Edited by it_ybd