AutoInstall CD-ROM Builder

I've been developing an application off and on for a year or so. Its basically a front end for building a bootable CD that automatically installs Windows.

You can add drivers, customize the unattended answer file, specify how the hard drive should be formatted etc. Then you burn the ISO to disc and you have a fully automated Windows (2000 or XP) install disc.

I originally designed this for my co-workers to use after I leave (I'm the only one who was able to create automated installation discs for them), so it should be easy enough for anyone to use.

It does make use of Windows PE, so you will need a WinPE disc to build your ISO.

I used a lot of information from the Windows PE board here (great forum!!) and I thought someone might find this tool useful.

You can download it here: AutoInstall CD-ROM Builder

And some screenshots: Click Here

Let me be the first to say, well done, excellent solution. I'm actually working on something pretty much identical for my company, which basically allows every country to configure XP to their liking, while still having a common configuration (apps, policies etc).

:thumbup

Dan

Edited by sintaxasn

We use Active Directory where I work so all the applications and settings are pushed out when the computer reboots after the install.

For the next version (if I have time ;) ) will be to add more customization (for RUNONCE and other things that will let you install applications after reboot).

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

I took a look at WPI, and I have to say I was quite impressed with it being a HTA and all.

I don't think I will be adding it into AutoInstall CD-ROM Builder because it is a bit more advanced to setup and get working for a normal user. However my program does have an option to add additional files before the ISO is finalized, so you can add it manually.

I took a look at WPI, and I have to say I was quite impressed with it being a HTA and all.

I don't think I will be adding it into AutoInstall CD-ROM Builder because it is a bit more advanced to setup and get working for a normal user. However my program does have an option to add additional files before the ISO is finalized, so you can add it manually.

Just Dled & installed very promising Justin, great program :thumbup .

It's Just Incredible :thumbup

awesome tool.

even the GUI is well designed.

Thanks for sharing your work!

some typos errors in v2.2 build 199 you might want to edit for the next build

Answer File > Dynamic Answer File Parameters > Add Parameter

Choose a catatory: :wacko:

Choose a paramter: :}

Edited by Bilou_Gateux

Can I use Bart's PE instead of Microsoft PE?

Furthermore, what are exactly the files needed from the winPE CD?

i have actually Windows OS (2003 Web w/o SP) English + MUI and a localized WinPE CD (French Windows Server 2003 OPK w/o SP) and i'm not sure i can use source CD with different languages.

if i slipstream first SP1 to my Windows OS CD and burn a new CD, will it works with my w/o SP WinPE CD.

Before starting my first AutoInstall CD with your tool, i want to be sure what can be done?

Otherwise, i will first try with Windows 2003 Standard French and WinPE CD (French Windows Server 2003 OPK)

Note: w/o SP = without Service Pack

@oioldman

Tools: Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment

Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD

Edited by Bilou_Gateux