-Nvidia geforce 2 pci 64mb

-Sound blaster live! 5.1

-linksys 10/100 NIC

-512MB pc 133 Ram

-I/O magic dvd dual layer burner

-250GB western digital HD

-450W psu

-XP PRO SP 2

(2 Graphics Cards for dual display....double checked that the drivers wouldnt conflict so that isnt the issue either)

The problem is my computer keeps restarting everytime i go to movies.yahoo.com ....or certain other sites that have flash in them......ive done many things to narrow down the problem....took all the cards out but one or the other graphics cards.....after months of trouble trying to figure it out im out of ideas.....ive swaped out ram flashed the bios ...got a new psu stripped it down bare ......adn still everytime it restarts...so i figured lets start new and see what happens....i got a spare hard drive ...reformatted it.....and installed windows XP with a different XP disk then the previous install....then installed SP2 cuz it wasnt installed yet and then went to yahoo movies and nothing happened....but flash wasnt installed.....so i installed flash and went to the site and bang instantly it restarted....also the MSN site made it restart so my guess is its some kinda plugin problem....it also does it with firefox....i have the newest version of flash installed and still restarts...i have no clue how to fix this.....someone please help!!! ive hadmonths of headaches and i need to get this thing running smooth before i go away to college.

(People have sugested a few things that i have tried below and its still restarting)

...Ive updated the bios from the soyo site to the newest version that they have and i have been getting flash plugin from the macromedia site .....i jus type in www.flash.com and get it from there

....i just tried setting my windows to blue screen on error instead of just restarting and after i go to movies.yahoo.com it just restarts ....it doesnt even blue screen

....for the time being i only have one GFX card in so i can solve this problem but i have tried it both with only the Geforce in and updated drivers and only the Radeon in with updated drivers and still it reboots

If anyone has any other sugestions that i can do then PLEASE let me know.....im dieing for ideas....

Don't cross post... it just messes us up when we try to answer your questions. Stick with one thread and you'll get all your eggs in one basket.

As for the problem (and looking at a suggestion in the hardware discussion thread) does it happen with only movies.yahoo.com? or Does it also happen with other flash sites such as www.homestarrunner.com?

it happens with other flash sites also like it did it one day with msn.com and other sites also....but i know for a fact that movies.yahoo.com makes it restart every time....if it is that the version is incompatable ..where do i get previous versions?....sry for the cross posts....

Take out your sound card and then see if you can go to those sites with out

it rebooting. If you can go to those sites then it was your sound card.

I have a cheap pci sound card that used to cause the same type of problems,

for me it would just reboot for no reason or freeze up the computer. I took the

pci card out and enable the on board sound card and that seemed to stop the

rebooting problem and freeze problem.

quick question about debugging again....what is a null modem cable?...because in the txt it instructs you to do the following

If you want to debug kernel-mode code, set up a host computer to run the debugger and a target computer to run the code being debugged. Connect the two computers using either an IEEE 1394 cable or a null-modem cable between two serial ports.

Minidumps.rarOk i left my computer on all last nite ...and didnt surf the net or anything on it ....and woke up to a blue screen ....didnt take down the code but im attaching the mini dumps ....yes mini dumpS as in plural ....not sure if theres supposed to have 3 files from one crash or if it just happened more then once and i didnt know but last time i checked i didnt have this folder .....so here they are if anyone can make any sense out of them for me cuz i dont know how to read them. Thanks

so i figured lets start new and see what happens....i got a spare hard drive ...reformatted it.....and installed windows XP with a different XP disk then the previous install....then installed SP2 cuz it wasnt installed yet and then went to yahoo movies and nothing happened....but flash wasnt installed.....so i installed flash and went to the site and bang instantly it restarted....also the MSN site made it restart so my guess is its some kinda plugin problem....it also does it with firefox....i have the newest version of flash installed and still restarts...i have no clue how to fix this.....someone please help!!! ive hadmonths of headaches and i need to get this thing running smooth before i go away to college.

:huh:

Since you got a spare hdd, reinstalled & nothing happened UNTILL you installed flash im guessing there's NO hardware fault... :blink: maybe you have some form of corrupt flash installer??Some software/files are causing the restarts in my opinion...but i could be wrong, seen computers do crazy thingz before...try gettin anotha ver of your flash installer somewhere else... (Fwend, different site...) ;)