Nlite and MCE

hi There,

New to all this so bear with me. Just downloaded the Nlite application and it doesnt state that it supports MCE.

Whats the best tool out there to make an automated MCE install like Nlite would. Or is it possible to use nlite?

Yes u can nLite CD1 as any other Pro edition nLite does

Next if u want to install MCE unattended then make room for the MCE files in ur UA CD ~180MB

copy 'cmpnents' folder from CD 2 to u r UA CD root

u can delete the tabletpc folder if u not install tabletpc

then in [components] section of winnt.sif add

medctr = on

netfx =on

and provide u r MCE key in ' Product Key ' value

it will install mce silently

Many thanks!! I will be trying this today when I get into the office :D

Do I edit the winnt.sif file after Ive done all the stuff with Nlite?

One quick thing. Im running an nvidia setup, drivers are extracted and when I look in say the Nforce drivers audio section there are 2 .inf files.

How do I work out what one I need. So far im assuming that if there is

inffile.inf and inffile2.inf to select the first one?

QUick update.

Didnt need to do anything with the Winnt.sif file and it just worked, Drivers the whole shebang, only problem is that it didnt join the domain.

Is there a way to make that an attended part of the installation?

• 2 weeks later...

It works brilliantly, after i did what that link suggested I can add MCE back onto a domain.

Now all i have to work out is why my machine is crashing all the time :D NOthing to do with the cd i might add more of a botched driver install by myself

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Im having a strange problemw ith my MCE disk

I copied the cmpnts folder from disk 2 into the same directory that i coped disk 1 into

So disk 2 resides in the root foler of disk 1.

When I come to make the disk in nlite, if i select to Media Centre component its only showing up as 300k.

obvously i want to install MCE so i leave it unticked, create the cd and install. However onces MCE is in installed there is no media centre on there what so ever! Any ideas/

• 1 month later...
Hi Im having a strange problemw ith my MCE disk

I copied the cmpnts folder from disk 2 into the same directory that i coped disk 1 into

So disk 2 resides in the root foler of disk 1.

When I come to make the disk in nlite, if i select to Media Centre component its only showing up as 300k.

obvously i want to install MCE so i leave it unticked, create the cd and install.  However onces MCE is in installed there is no media centre on there what so ever!  Any ideas/

:hello:

After you have Nlite'd the cd/dvd you must go to txtsetup.sif and change all (I thought 3 of them) %cd2name% to %cd1 and your done. :thumbup:thumbup

• 1 month later...

Hello nice post here but not working for me-how that i m telling.

I genrate xppro+sp2 & also make winnt.sif- I entered value of product key , i entered mce product key and also add

[Components]

medctr = on

netfx =on

so i encountered following problems-

1- copy cd to hd and run unattednded.bat that saying that product key is wrong

2- During generatioin of new unattended file i select "from CD" and after completion i put winnt.sif(not winnt.sif.txt) in i386 folder but during boot from cd rom it says Driveletter:\i386\winnt.sif is not a valid file ,set up will not continue place ctrt+alt+del to resart your computer.

My xppro+sp2 cd dont having winnt.sif as well as mce disk 1 also dont having winnt.sif so how can i genrate it? it prompts errors,shoul i modify any file?

Is there any way to convert xppro to mce?