Alternative to Widows Media Player

Gouki

The setup I've used for months now with very little hassle is made up of 2 players.

the latest Winamp for all my music/audio needs (Just make sure you set that as your default audio file player), and Media Player Classic for the video side of things, its playlist capabilities do suck but on the other hand it is one of the lightest players out there while still being one of the most functional. Install the Quicktime and Realplayer alternatives alongside it, and youll have a fully working video media player that plays nearly all types straight off :)

A very solid and lightweight setup ;)

I would go for Media Player Classic ... But I wont it to be able to read Video files too!

Tho, I have been looking at foobar and from what ive read, it is capable of doing both. (Audio&Video)

I think ill go with with foobar

i go along with many here... MPC. it's a highly configurable media player. I use nLite to strip XP, including the WMP core files, so along with MPC i use the ffDshow codec pack. For music there's foobar2000 -- not the prettiest player out of the box, but VERY configurable and very good and extendable with plugins.