XP Taskpane assistance?

syntax010

I have found several visual styles that I really like using for Windows XP. However, some of them drive me nuts because they move the Windows Explorer taskpane to the top of a window instead of leaving it on the left or moving it to the right. One example is the excellent Inspirat visual style by Stefanka which can be found at the link below.

Is there any method that can be used to edit this so that the taskpane will go back to the left side instead of being at the top? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/7631106/

my guess is is one of those big long hex values in the registry but probably the best way to do it is to start from scratch and use RegShot to monitor what reg value its changing.

if you kept the install package, you might try uninstalling it and see if that fixes the pane. If so then you can monitor the changes w/o starting from scratch. otherwise do a search for it, I know I've seen a topic on it before but it might have been called something else (pretty sure it still had the word "pane" in it though)

Edited by spiritpyre

@spiritpyre:

I don't think it's a problem with the VS itself. The .msstyles is the file that contains the information regarding the location of the common tasks bar (since various releases have both a "side" .msstyles and a "top" .msstyles file).

I was going to as Stefanka if it would be possible to have a side common tasks bar style as well. That's the only thing keeping me from Inspirat right now.