Sun Java VM 1.5.0_02 silent install from RunOnceEx

mctt

Hi,

I am trying to use the RunOnceEx.cmd to install Sun Java VM 1.5.0_02 but for some reason it is not working, I think I know why but I have not managed to come up with a fix.

Code from C:\XPCD\$OEM\RunOnceEx.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\026 /VE /D "Installing Sun Java VM 1.5.0_02" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\026 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\Applications\SunJava\jre-1_5_0_02-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore,extra IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=Suppress JAVAUPDATE=0" /f

This code has a fault in this context because the /v" quote messes up the add to the registry. I wondered if anyone out there uses this method and has got it to work. If the answer is a few backslashes then I have still not worked out how to do this. Thanks.

I have had a look at the Sun forum and searched through the msfn.org board to find an answer but not found out how.

Also, if it's anything like the 1.4.2 installer, you can run the EXE file and dig the MSI out of your temp folder (documents and settings\{username}\local settings\temp).

Then just follow standard procedure for installing MSI packages:

jre-1_4_2_06.msi /qn (or /qb! for progress bar without Cancel button)

or

msiexec jre-1_4_2_06.msi /qn

The switchless silent installers are nice too, but when you're on a dialup and you already have the files you need...

No need to use switchless installer. The problem is that you are missing the last " at the end of the command.

Here's the right code:

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "J2SE Runtime 5.0.03 " /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\J2SE\jre-1_5_0_03-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v\"/qn ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=Suppress JAVAUPDATE=0\"" /f