Not a plug, Need MSFN members true help

XPerties

This is not a plug for a website.

I have spent a few hundred on a new image hosting site. I'm working closely with my developers trying to provide one of the best free image hosting sites. We have the basic up and running and need more people to test it for small and unfound bugs by myself or my developer.

http://www.imageshosted4u.com

Know bugs:

[1] .swf files are not linked properly <------ FIXED

[2] bmp are not given thumbnails <------- FIXED

[3] Membership applet up-loader does not work (Will load but won't add files) <------ FIXED

[4] Password star **** out when registering <------ FIXED

The supported files as of now are jpg,zip,jpeg,gif,bmp,tiff,tif,png,swf. If you find any issues with any of those please post them here. It takes a lot of time to find issues related to coding so the MSFN community should be able to nail 99% of all bugs.

I appreciate everyone who helps or post. Any feedback would also be appreciated.

Edited by XPerties

Tried your hosting service, I don't know if its slow or if the picture i uploaded is to big. Uploaded a JPG seeing if id find any problems with it like you said there might be some but no problems on this time. Here's the code your site gave me.

t55_000vaeurovisionsongcontestkiew20052cd2005frontsyndikat.jpg

t55_000vaeurovisionsongcontestkiew20052c

Edited by vando2k

Nice service XPerties! This will be great for MSFN. Worked like a charm.

Dig My Bike!

t64_MyBike2.JPG

EDIT: OK, I see how that works now. very slick

Edited by dman

Tried your hosting service, I don't know if its slow or if the picture i uploaded is to big. Uploaded a JPG seeing if id find any problems with it like you said there might be some but no problems on this time. Here's the code your site gave me.

The second forum link is for other uncommon forums. You will find most only support the forum code #1. Using that will give you this look.

t62_d4811815.jpg

dman, same thing with yours. Using forum code 1 will give you the same effect as above. Helps people on forums to save loading time.

rgreen83..I have added that to the do list. Should be done within 48 hours.

Looks pretty good so far.

The only thing about the site itself is that the Service and TOS pages won't load. I'm not sure if that's a temporary thing, or a WIP, but something that should probably be taken care of. ;)

Otherwise, good job! :thumbup

EDITJust wondering... how long with the images be hosted for? Automatic deletion after 1 month or so?

Edited by Zxian

Looks pretty good so far.

The only thing about the site itself is that the Service and TOS pages won't load. I'm not sure if that's a temporary thing, or a WIP, but something that should probably be taken care of.  ;)

Otherwise, good job!  :thumbup

EDITJust wondering... how long with the images be hosted for? Automatic deletion after 1 month or so?

The script is setup to run on a cron job that will remove images that have been clicked less than "X" amount of times in "X" days. I haven't setup the cron and doubt I will for awhile. t might be tested just to make sure it works properly.

Long story short, I haven't decided yet. t might be clicked less than 3 times in 90 days. I think that is fair.

The service will be setup for paypal upgrades to higher packages later down the road. The TOS isn't done yet. My main concern is to find any related bugs t the actually script.

BTW regarding the amount of views per images, I replaced the linking code with a size viewer and counter for the forums code.

t68_MyBike2.JPG

Click on the above image and you will see the "viewed" number.

looks better than anything i could do :thumbup but r u planning to change the look once it has had the bugs removed? ;)

works well, i uploaded some of my early work (from when i was learning)

t91_countingspheres1.jpg

t90_doubletorusknotwithsphere.jpg

Should turn out well for u :D

Edited by tiusic

I don't know, I might. I kinda like it. I mean it's plan and simple.

You are correct, simple is better. And look at Google. People laughed at their page with one textbox, when excite, lycos, altavista, etc. were covered with features and candy. We see who is laughing on that one now :w00t: